[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New home page feedback • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New home page feedback

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

New home page feedback

Postby heather2 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:20 am

Hey there,

I've revised my home page quite a bit. I started thinking that it wasn't grabbing the visitor's attention enough to make them stick around. I also used your suggestion for a headline, Lynn. Thanks! :D

Here are my questions:

Does the new format, found here http://www.resumelines.com/index-test2.html , grab your attention more and make you want to dig deeper into the site as opposed to the original http://www.resumelines.com ?

What about the copy itself? I wanted to take a personal approach but I don't know if the copy right now does a whole lot.

For this page http://www.resumelines.com/certified-writers.html , do you think the AdSense at the top is distracting and could take away affiliate sales? Move it to the bottom instead? This is the page you get to from the Certified Writers link on the home page. What about the layout as a whole?

Sorry for all the questions. I wanted to get some feedback before proceeding too much further.

Thanks again :D
heather2

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:05 am

I love the new layout on the main page - very nice! Yes, it definitely grabs the attention visually - and draws the eye to the options right there in the middle of the page. Well done ;)

The copy could use a little work - just some tweaking. Right now it reads a lot like a personal site and speaks too much from your perspective, and not enough about "whats in it for me" from the readers perspective.

Dont get me wrong - it's good. And a little tweaking could make it great!

As for the adsense at the top of your internal pages... that is something you'll need to test. If the purpose of the page is to promote affiliate programs, you dont want to lose the visitor for a small click-through commission... but if you find that the page produces a great CTR and high click-through commission, you might consider leaving it. Just keep an eye on it and do some testing & tweaking to make each page produce the most profit for you.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heather2 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:28 am

heather2

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:32 am

My suggestions:

Take the top paragraph out altogether (just above the sub-headline) and make that sub-headline black instead of red.

In the paragraph below the options, just take out this line: "Doesn't that sound like a nice change of pace?" The rest reads great!

In the next paragraph:
"into the hands of the right people are a huge part of it"

Should be:
"into the hands of the right people is a huge part of it"

This part:
"Interested in obtaining a company's services that's listed? They'll be links on the page that'll get you there. Once you're done, you'll be able to sit back and think, "Now, wasn't that easy?""

I would rewrite to say:
"Interested in obtaining services that are listed? There will be links on each page to take you where you need to go. Once you're done, you'll be able to sit back and think, "Wow! That was easy!""
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:33 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heather2 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:19 pm

heather2

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:31 pm

You're making great progress! ;)

I'll keep an eye out for those questions :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin