This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Mystery affiliate program

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Mystery affiliate program

Postby webturtle » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Okay, so on Friday, for my birthday, one of my most wonderfulest clients sent me a gift - a card deck with really neat art and affirmations on it. After flipping through every card, I picked two - both about abundance - and put them on my computer so I could see them. All day yesterday, the messages about creating abundance and increasing my income were under my eyes.

Well, at 4, Ron came home and he picked up the mail on the way in. He said "Hey, you have a suspicious looking envelope here," and I said "Suspicious why?" and he said "because it appears someone is sending money instead of asking for it." (okay, so he needs to do some affirmations. LOL). Anyway - I didn't recognize the sender - opened it up and

(you won't believe this)

$172.51 of affiliate income for first quarter 2005!!!! :shock:

Then it hit me. I don't know who they are. I have NO Idea what this program is. 8-[

I went to their web site and to the best of my knowledge, I never signed up for an affiliate program there. There is no trace or evidence of such a program on my hard drive.

For a moment - I got worried - maybe I should call and say they made a mistake? Then I (very quickly) decided that since the check was addressed both to me personally AND my business name, it had to be legit.

I just thanked the universe for the present. O:)

PS. This morning, my cursed laptop died its last death. ](*,) I'm gonna keep those cards on my desk all week until I figure out what to do about THAT. LOL :
webturtle

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:14 pm

Is it an affiliate network, perhaps?

Maybe they are paying you under a corporate name or something other than what their affiliate program is listed as online. How interesting. Maybe you'll be able to figure this one out!

And Happy Birthday to you!!

I celebrated all week last week ;) CHEERS to the Geminis :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing