[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Haves And The Have Nots in Internet Marketing????? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Haves And The Have Nots in Internet Marketing?????

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The Haves And The Have Nots in Internet Marketing?????

Postby Wally » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:06 am

Hello,

How does one tell from the haves and the have nots in the internet marketing game...How does one really know who the true guru;s are.

What separates these so called know it alls from the real MCsoy's...
These guys and gals really do not care if you really succeede or not as long as you purchase their latest and greatest products as long as you buy from them...They promise you the moon until you asked them a question..They hide behind their autoresponders...Their secret is really
something you have not learned yet...The only real person that i have ran into is Lynn Terry.I did not know that lynn had a pay option until the other night after really looking her site over which i will be joining very soon...
If she gives that kind of free info, what is the pay site like...I have been to other sites, believe me there is a difference...

Walter

I have not been paid for this, nor have i been made any promises to make this statement...

So my hats off to Lynn.

Walter
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:06 am

Thank you, Walter :)

There are actually a lot of really great products and really great speakers out there. Choosing the products you enjoy and the teachers/leaders you like to follow is really a personal preference for the most part. Obviously there are some better than others, which you find out over time... but many (most) of them do not offer personal consultations or any type of one-on-one interaction.

I own hundreds of products, and love to listen to various marketers speak - or read their newsletters/blogs. They all have a different style, or a different focus... so I just take what interests me specifically and go with that.

It's more about what you can do with the information you glean from different sources, than the source itself. The majority of people who purchase products never take action on what they learn from them at all.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Affiliate Marketing

Postby Wally » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:54 pm

hELLO lYNN,

yOU SAY YOU OWN HUNDREDS OF PRODUCTS, So do you have
one domain and hundreds of subdomains.
I heard that one gets penalized for subdomains..

Walter
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:18 pm

I have hundreds of products that I have purchased or downloaded online from a variety of merchants and marketers. Such as Rosalind's Super Affiliate Handbook, Perry's Definitive Guide to Adwords, etc etc etc.

I do have quite a few sites/domains, but that is unrelated to the statement I made above about owning internet marketing products.

As for subdomains getting you penalized - I am not sure where you heard that, or what the reference was. Subdomains dont get penalized... they are quite handy and used often. www.About.com is a good example of a site that uses them and has very good rankings on a variety of topics.

What you may have heard is that having hundreds of domains and cross linking between them all will get you penalized. Anything you do to try to manipulate the search engines - that doesnt make sense from your visitors perspective (such as linking to a ****** site from a woodcrafting site) - may get your pages/domains penalized.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sugarrae » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:56 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:19 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sugarrae » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:24 pm

Well, that's where I always am ;). Been using that for years - figure, hey, at least its truthful ;).
sugarrae
Elite Member

Return to Affiliate Marketing