[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - help with new affiliate site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

help with new affiliate site

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

help with new affiliate site

Postby networkmom » Sun May 29, 2005 7:35 am

Hello, I need some advice for a new affliate site I am setting up.
I am setting up www.shopping-the-internet.com and wonder what I need to do to get this site listed in the search engines. I know I need content but not sure what type of content I would put on a site like this. Basically these products are all seen on tv products. Can anyone give me some adivce about this site? I know I need to optimize each page which I have not had a chance to do yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 29, 2005 3:45 pm

To get the pages of this site indexed in the major search engines, you need two things: content and inbound links (the latter being the more important).

Content can be as simple as product name, type & description. Your first step here should be Keyword Research in each product category - and even for each product. You need to know HOW people are searching for these items so that you can decide which terms you want your pages to rank for...

It's a great site, by the way! This page is a good example: http://www.shopping-the-internet.com/RoncoST4000.html - the content is perfect. Descriptive, etc. The only thing I would suggest is another "call to action" or order button at the end of the page (once they've read it and decided to purchase - dont make them scroll back to the top. Make it easy! ;) ).

On that page, if you decided to optimize it for "Ronco ST4000", then you would need to use that in the Title Bar on that page, as well as in the Text Header (font size H1 or H2). You would also want to gain Inbound Links to that page (from other pages on other sites) using the link text "Ronco ST4000".

Of course, there are only around 2 searches a day for that particular term... which is why it pays to start with your keyword research ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Sun May 29, 2005 7:59 pm

networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 29, 2005 9:49 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Mon May 30, 2005 6:45 am

networkmom

Return to Affiliate Marketing