[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Feedback on my affiliate site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Feedback on my affiliate site

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Feedback on my affiliate site

Postby tink146 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:35 pm

tink146

Postby stanhook » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:56 pm

stanhook

Postby Hock Ng » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:42 am

Hock Ng

Postby stanhook » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:17 pm

stanhook

Postby Major_Grooves » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:52 am

Major_Grooves

Postby Hock Ng » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:39 pm

Stan,

Great site design. I like it because it's clean, easy to read (VERY important) and has nice use of graphics (not overcrowded but appealing to the eye). I would suggest putting up some Adsense ad blocks to generate some income.

For your links to PGA Shop and Golfballs.com, I suggest changing the category title from ads to something like "Shop for Golf Items". People tend to be put off by blatant advertising.

Good work!

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby tink146 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:46 pm

Thanks alot Stan and Hock for the feedback i will get busy on adding more content and removing some of the choices.

Thanks

Roy

www.freehouselearning.com
tink146

Postby Jeff Casmer » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:35 pm

Hi Roy,

The yellow graphics are great. Very clean and organized. I would change the book prices at the bottom left hand side of your page. There is no flow to it. Other than that...great job!

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby tink146 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:36 pm

tink146

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Wed May 11, 2005 3:41 am

Hi Roy, :)

I visited your site at http://www.freehouselearning.com. The header is too big and takes too much space. There are also too many links which confuses your visitors. It would be much better if you limited their options.

Your home page is filled with all kinds of ads and it will annoy your visitors. To be a successful affiliate marketer, you need to provide valuable content to show your visitors you're a knowledgable expert who cares.

If you're serious about making money from affiliate marketing, I highly recommend you read Ken Evoy's . It's an awesome ebook which saved my business!

Wish you success! :)
Ladan Lashkari

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 11, 2005 8:10 am

I agree - the number of links & offers on that page make it very distracting and difficult to actually settle my eyes anywhere to figure out what the page is about.

I had thought the links on the left & right were navigation, but after looking closer it appears they are all affiliate links. Is your site just made up of this one page?

Here's what I would suggest: Put a navigational menu on the left hand side of the page and get rid of the far right column altogether. Use the content area for content - an introduction to the site and what you offer, and a "call to action" (what a visitor should do next).

In that left navigation, create links to other areas of your site for more information on things like: Training, Home Accessories, Loans & Insurance, etc. Then create a page for each of those links that goes into detail about that topic (and only that topic).

What this does is two things:

1) It cleans up your home page and allows you to focus on pulling your visitor in and engaging their interest.

2) It allows you to build a large website around your topic, broken down into categories and sub-categories, so that each page is about something specific. This will give you a lot of opportunities to show up in the search engine results - the more pages, and the more content, you have... the better ;) For example, you could have a page that ranks for "lawn sprinklers" and one that ranks for "kitchen design".

Your merchants will usually offer you all of the creative (content/ads) you need to create individual pages. After creating the pages, you'll want to optimize each one for a specific search term that you want it to rank well for.

Looking at your main page, I am assuming you are not real sure on Search Engine Optimization? Here is a good starting point for choosing keywords, and where all you should place them on your page:

(dont worry - it's not something I'm selling, just an article I wrote recently that went out in our weekly SSWT newsletter ;) )
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby tink146 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:46 am

tink146

Return to Affiliate Marketing