[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Has anybody used site build it? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Has anybody used site build it?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Relish » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:03 am

Relish

Postby captain » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:53 pm

Please read my original post.

I’ve brought Ken's make your site sell and make your content sell and make your price sell and from a marketing point of view didn't think much of them although make your content sell was my favourite.

I brought the SBI package about a week before the price hike from $299 to $499 per year. Ken gave out this long email about why he was putting the price up ??

As for the package I wasn't taken aback with it as much as I thought. The first hundred (or so) pages of the users guide was just his 5 day email course that I got from Allan Gardyne’s site (and I have enough issues going on the resources he's recommended but I’ll get to that later).

To be honest I learn better by watching rather than reading (personal preference) and like I said in my first post, the 600 (or so) user guide was just a headache.

The customer support was good; I got response to my emails within 6 hours even on the weekends.

Now one thing I will say for Ken, and you’re right, that His main concern is that you learn step buy step, but why? Why spend three months developing a website promoting it and the rest when you can do it in a fraction of the time??

But as I said Ken is dedicated to building a successful website, but there’s just one minor flaw, his program, its not the only way to build a stable income from the website!

As stated in my first post, paying $299 dollars for a website building package when you can have a free trial with someone like websitewizard.com or even pay $9.99 and then stop the program after a month if you don't get on with it, is a far shrewder financial move I believe.

The keyword search that only searches once a week, I mean gives me a break. I still have keyword searches saved from wordtracker that I used 3 years ago, and as I said any HALF decent $9.99 or less web host will have these functions anyway.

Once again as stated in my first post there are too many other cheaper alternatives.

Now, when your earning $20,000 a year $299 isn't a big thing to worry about, When your starting out and on a low budget $299 is a big deal, especially when you find it's not what you expected.

To be quite honest I’ve rarely been on Ken's website since I’ve moved on from that and like I’ve said I’ve found better and cheaper alternatives.

Ken is a sound and ETHICAL website marketer, one of the best on the net, and I’ll have serious words with anyone who says otherwise, but that doesn't mean that his programs are the best.

Like I said I couldn't really get on with make your site sell, too long and far too repetitious, but make your content sell was a breath of fresh air. Sure you get the feeling of ‘you've read one you've read them all’ but make your content sell inspired me through a tough time for me.

I have used many website builder programs Plesk, soholaunch, yahoo site builder etc and I love the results and they are far cheaper. With the money saved I’ve INVESTED in other resources that have made it far easier and quicker to build and income on the internet.

Lets say you have 10 SBI packages, that $2990 a year, I’d rather pay my ghost writer to keep on creating content for me, or make a phone call and have my website consultant to put my ideas onto the internet for me, rather than work hard and to do myself.

I can't moan about my income from the internet I do very well. But I’m at the stage where I can afford to have others do all that for me, that's not where my skill lies. With $2990 I can get a lot more done, faster by letting others do tasks for me than spending it on SBI and doing it myself.

Is SBI that bad.....well no it's o.k. but for me there were just better cheaper alternatives
captain
Elite Member

Postby JerryShown » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:17 pm

I also bought into SBI. While it is a good way for a beginner to get a web presence, I found that the information overload was too much!! There are tutorials there that show you every move to make and then some. My problem with it was that once you started the process, it wouldn't let you look ahead to see what was coming down the pike. You had to do each process in turn and then the next step becomes available. It was also my understanding that the price you pay was for one year only and for one site only and then you had to pay the same price again. I didn't really care for that and so I too got a refund. I will say that the owner of sitesell, Dr Ken Evoy promptly honored their money back guarantee when I applied for the refund.
JerryShown

Postby skyjoe76 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:34 pm

I own 2 SBI sites.

In my opinion, SBI shows result. That's the fact.

I did a reseach for online business. 99% of the people want simple and get rich quick program.

Anything that requires effort, time, people tends to resists it.

SBI may not be the best. The truth is it produces result.

Compared to those get rich quick program, stating earning 5 figures in a week...and mostly does not work.

I like SBI because it saves me time on searching other software to do all sort of stuffs. SBI is all in one package, from blogs, ezine, to submitting to search engine.

The support from SBI is superb. There is also a forum where you can post your question on website there and get a reply in hours.

I hated to read those action manual as well. But I make myself go through those manual. I learn so much from the manual compared to buying those ebook that many are selling.

One last word, if you are looking to make money fast, then SBI is not for you.
skyjoe76

Postby captain » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:44 pm

captain
Elite Member

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm

I like SBI for the value and knowledge base; particularly, the learning process set forth by the Action Guide. I'm using it currently to build one of my sites. I've also cashed in modestly on their affiliate program. So, I'm happy with the results up to this point.
Chuck_Anthony

Previous

Return to Affiliate Marketing