[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Affiliate tracking software • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Affiliate tracking software

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Affiliate tracking software

Postby Virtualmom » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:06 am

I was wondering what tracking software everyone uses to track their incoming affiliate revenue. Do you just rely on the notifications from the affiliates or do you have special software installed to track your own sales? Has anyone heard of protracker? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :!:
Virtualmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:24 am

Good question, Yolanda...

I am not currently using tracking software, but I would be interested in taking a look at some of the options!

I have a handful of key affiliate programs that I use, and most of them send me a notification email. About once a week I'll log in and check the status - kind of find out where I'm standing with each of them. Sometimes I get checks in the mail, or paypal payments, from programs that I didnt realize I made commission on - so I know I'm missing some...

It would be really great to stay on top of my affiliate marketing with some type of tracking software... that way I'd know better which marketing campaigns worked best... right now I just have a general idea.

I look forward to hearing suggestions & recommendations!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Virtualmomwebmom » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:22 am

Thanks Lynn!
Let me know if you hear of anything.
Virtualmomwebmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:25 pm

Speaking of which... I *just* stopped at the post office this afternoon and had a check for $65 - I had no idea it was coming, and this is one that usually emails me! Must have been when my email was on the fritz a couple weeks ago (dont you hate it when that happens?!).

I'm off to research some options for us - I'll be sure to post here about what I find :wink:

P.S. - I'm not complaining about $65 mystery checks LOL - but I do agree that we need to be tracking these so we know which marketing efforts work best for us!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:47 pm

Do you happen to have a link for ProTracker? I wasnt able to find that particular program...

I actually didnt find anything at all... and the more I got to thinking about it, the more I wondered if there was such a thing... Considering all of the different types of affiliate programs out there, I'm not sure how any one software package could actually track the click thru's and sales from all of them simultaneously...

What I can suggest is what I have done in the past (and really need to start doing again), and that is to make a Master List of all of your affiliate programs - I did mine in HTML. I made an organized list, with the link to log into the affiliate area or control panel, and noted the user name and password for each. Then once a week, I would log in and check the stats on each program from that Master List.

Now if you want to track specific marketing campaigns, you can use special links... for example: www.yourdomainname.com/affiliateprogram1.html and www.yourdomainname.com/affiliateprogram2.html (both being for the same affiliate program, and each of those pages "refreshing" to your affiliate link) - you can then use your stats program to track click thru's... but then you'd only know how many clicks you got... not necessarily how many sales came from those specific clicks...

I'm wide open to suggestions here... Looks like a product needs to be created!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Virtualmomwebmom » Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:12 pm

Heres the link:

http://www.affiliatesoftware.net/

But this software is not for those receiving affiliate checks it's for those dispensing affiliate checks. I was just wondering if there was something out there to track it from the receivers end? Thanks for the suggestions, I will set up a master list for all my affiliate programs with links as you suggested.

You're right software should be created for this especially for beginners like myself. Thanks again for the advice.
Virtualmomwebmom

ken envoy affilliate program

Postby lis123 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:41 am

Hi Lynn - Ive been reading ken envoys ebooks theres one on sitebuildit..I was under the impression that it did the tracking along with a lot of other stuff....do you know anything about this program...I would like to put a web site together...thanks lis :roll: I am also reading the affilliate program form him......
lis123

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:01 am

Yes! Ken Evoy's programs have great built-in tracking! I use his products and his affiliate program is especially great... I get an email when a new affiliate joins my team, or when a sale is made... and they have extensive online tracking where you can check your traffic & sales for each of the programs he offers... I LOVE IT!

For anyone else that is interested, check out the free ebooks at http://www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com/freebies.htm

You can get more information about the SiteBuildIt! Program at:
http://buildit.sitesell.com/wsn.html

...Or the affiliate program at:
http://affiliates.sitesell.com/wsn.html

What type of site are you working on? Feel free to post & we'll all "brainstorm" with you, or let me know if you need any specific resources! Good luck & much success to you!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:41 am

I GOT THE ANSWER!

Harvey Segal was kind enough to answer my request on another message board:

see post at http://ablake.net/forum/index.cgi?read=112290

There is a tool that will consolidate performance
stats from all of your affiliate programs
into one simple report.

You can get a two week free trial using this link
http://www.revtrends.com/index.asp?aff=373
Two-week free trial code: ASPRG01

I took a look and it might just be what we are both looking for!! Let me know what you think :D

(Thanks, Harvey!)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:04 am

Postby Harvey Segal » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:07 am

Harvey Segal
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:21 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

brainstorm/sites

Postby lis123 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:46 pm