[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Any new advice? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Any new advice?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Any new advice?

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:05 pm

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:30 pm

Yes, actually :D I'm still pulling in with Commission Junction, ClickBank, Share-a-Sale, Ken Evoy's 5 Pillar program, and Affiliate Fuel...

I do have some things in the works, regarding Affiliate Marketing, but at the moment I'm letting the things I put into motion last Fall provide a little cashflow while I work on that ;)

I'll keep you posted!!

Anyone else?

-

Mike Merz - front and center - its time to have a "serious moment" and share some insight on this topic! ;)

In case anyone missed this post in a recent issue of SSWT, Mike is quite the expert:

[URL=http://www.im4newbies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170]How To Make Money With Affiliate Programs Without A List ...
[/URL]
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:10 am

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:54 am

With Affiliate Fuel, I recommend that you apply and see what happens from there... I dont see why you wouldnt get approved ;) They have some great offers for your group too! Check it out:
http://www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com/affiliatefuel.htm

As for CJ & ClickBank - they have so many different merchants that I would think it would be hard not to find a program that would fit your audience... If you give me some details on products/services that you think would work well on your site, I'll help you choose a few offers with each ;)

What about Google AdSense :?: Did you happen to read the article in this week's issue of Self-Starters Weekly Tips? Thoughts?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:10 pm

Ok I have 2 audiences - Moms in business and moms shopping (may or may not have a business of there own). I'm working to put together a team newsletter for the shopping side of Mom's Market, and will have more details on that after tonight.

Mom's Market Ezine (the business ezine) is pretty well established, and has over 400 subscribers. I just got done optimizing the Ezine page: http://www.momsmarketonline.com/Ezine.html

For affiliate programs, I would like to lean more towards business tools and resources that the moms can use since I don't want to be competing with those listed on the site (would kind of defeat the purpose, don't you think?). Now I COULD offer a few shopping items here and there, but would really have to be careful that I'm not stepping on any toes.

I know my audience for the business Ezine is mostly looking for free or low cost ways to promote, and also they are past the initial start-up stage (meaning they have a business and website, but still looking for ways to improve).

Thanks for your help on this!
karadawn

Postby Mike Merz » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:23 pm

Hey, Kara, Lynny ..;)

5 Quick Affiliate Marketing Tips

- Join a reputable program that compliments the page it's being placed on ... and has a reasonable click to payout ratio.

- Keep the links per page to a minimum, and don't be afraid to have a link that reads "The Net's #1 Internet marketing Course" instead of "Corey Rudl's blah blah blah". As long as it's not misleading, you may entice prospects that would otherwise shy away from the actual title, and author as a direct promotion.

- Join a program that offers instant payment notification.
This way, you can sweeten the pot by including a bonus of your own.

- Considering setting up a seperate page for the program, with a signup to list for update followups (ultra targeted list).

- Write articles that are completely content related ... until the end, or the resource box (where the affiliate link resides).
I call this a "lead in" article, but it shouldn't be taken that way ... rather it should have all the content of a regular article, but one that entirely compliments the affiliate program. Submit as normal.

Sorry if I rambled ..;)

Regards,
Mike "better, Lynny?" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby James Mann » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:25 pm

James Mann

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:38 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Mann » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:07 pm

James Mann