This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I was a the pre-NAMS webinar last night

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I was a the pre-NAMS webinar last night

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:31 am

and I guess I was too late to ask my question. Maybe someone else can answer it for me.

Lynn was talking about having passive income sites and selling (her example was Elvis bobbleheads)..

My question is do you find these items to promote from Amazon, Commission Junction or just find places on the internet that sells an item you want to sell, see if they have an affiliate program and use that?

I am a comparison shopper and I am sure a lot of other people are too.

Should the customer be given more than one option from where to buy an item from?
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby angienewton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:06 am

I wasn't on the webinar but yes you would find items like these through various companies with affiliate program offers. Amazon and CJ are the big names but you can search on Google for ideas and put the product you're looking for and add affiliate program to the search.

If I find a product I really like, I always look to see if they have an affiliate program and if I don't see it, I will inquire about it.

As for affiliate marketing, I don't give the customer more than one option of where to buy the item.

Does that help?
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 am

Yep, that pretty much answers my question.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:08 pm

I don't usually give more than one option either.

The pretraining webinar was great! I am really looking forward to NAMS in August (provided I can get my money together this week... depends on how much we spend on doctors and prescriptions for hubby this week....)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Return to Affiliate Marketing