This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

NAMS Event in August

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby TorontoCarol » Sat May 30, 2009 10:21 am

Flights from Toronto to Atlanta will be way more than the cost of the workshop. Our taxes are sometimes more than the cost of the flight itself, so even if you can get a cheap flight it ends up being a lot. The way around it is to fly from Buffalo and you can sometimes save hundreds of dollars.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Sat May 30, 2009 10:30 am

TorontoCarol wrote: Our taxes are sometimes more than the cost of the flight itself, so even if you can get a cheap flight it ends up being a lot.

Wow - that's crazy!!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:11 pm

I hope you figure out some affordable travel arrangements. Would love to see you! :)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby sherrinc » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm

lisamariemary wrote:Other NAMS-goers - can you chime in on the intricacies/costs of driving your own car there?

We drove from Raleigh in our mini-van :lol: the hotel has a large parking lot. You have to pay for parking but if you don't go anywhere (and you really don't have time) you only have to pay once - I think it was $8.

It's right off the interstate too so not hard to find.

Sherri
sherrinc
Elite Member

Postby drperdew » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey - thanks Sherri for pointing me to this.

Yes - June 15th is the early bird.

I released the schedule yesterday.

The parking is normally $16 per day - we negotiated it down to $8. The hotel rate is awesome - $94 per night.

And I've got a question for you:

Last time, we did binders and print outs for everyone. This time - since it's a workshop and almost everyone will have a notebook, I'm thinking of loading everything - workbooks, presentations, special tools and even the recordings if we can swing that on to a 2gb USB thumb drive and giving one of those to everyone instead of a notebook - what do you think?

David
drperdew

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 am

Love the idea of a preloaded flash drive!
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 am

Oooo - yes, a preloaded flash drive would be awesome!!!
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 am

sherrinc wrote:
lisamariemary wrote:Other NAMS-goers - can you chime in on the intricacies/costs of driving your own car there?

We drove from Raleigh in our mini-van :lol: the hotel has a large parking lot. You have to pay for parking but if you don't go anywhere (and you really don't have time) you only have to pay once - I think it was $8.

It's right off the interstate too so not hard to find.

Sherri

Cool, thank you Sherri! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:02 am

drperdew wrote:Last time, we did binders and print outs for everyone. This time - since it's a workshop and almost everyone will have a notebook, I'm thinking of loading everything - workbooks, presentations, special tools and even the recordings if we can swing that on to a 2gb USB thumb drive and giving one of those to everyone instead of a notebook - what do you think?

David

Hey David - great to see you in here!!! :)

Odd woman out here - I love hard copy for instructional materials. I love the idea of a pre-loaded thumb drive, too, though. But ...take for example, when I was learning from Tiffany's Squidoo wisdom - I had the manual beside the computer and I could save the monitor space for carrying out the tasks she was teaching me in the manual. I didn't have to switch back and forth on the computer from screen to screen.

I would think, what was that she said a few pages ago? Or something on page 78 related to, or mentioned, page 62 - so I could easily flip the pages back and forth - all the while still having my screen on the Squidoo lens I was creating as per her instructions.

I also do love to take the hard copy and get comfy somewhere with a cup of joe and just devour the material. Then I come back the computer for the second go-through while I actually do what she's teaching.

Hard copy - yeah, I like hard copy. In fact, my new wonderful camera even has its manual completely ONLINE and I still haven't read it. ....of course, that doesn't really fit with my argument, because, I'd be working on the CAMERA, not the computer. But somehow I felt compelled to add it in to my monologue.... Sorry. Heh.
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 am

Yeah, LMM - I do see your point. I'm one who likes hold the paper in my hands too. Don't even own a pda, iPhone or whatever - but do have a laptop. So am all for having less to carry around at a workshop. ;)

Honestly, I'll be fine with whatever they give us.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:28 pm

tknoppe wrote:Honestly, I'll be fine with whatever they give us.

You're so right on that - because of the awesomeness of the format (learning! doing! right there! right then! help present! questions answered!) and because of the awesomeness of the price!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby TracyR » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 am

I like the idea of a pre-loaded flash drive, too. Less for me to carry around while I'm there and the option of printing out when I get home for my paper & loving self.

Looking forward to it.
TracyR
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I completely missed the 197 low price deal! *slaps forehead* will do my best to grab the 297 and get my plane ticket here in the next few weeks! Eeek time is just zooming right by me!
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm

I just registered! :) Yay!!!! See you all there.

Should we start a new thread for roomies?
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby TracyR » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 pm

YAY! Loretta! Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else that's going) in August. ;-)
TracyR
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Affiliate Marketing