This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Affiliates using sales copy

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Affiliates using sales copy

Postby Lohengrin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 am

I have noticed a few affiliate sites using part of the sellers sales pitch on the affiliates site. Is it possible to use a paragraph and a product image from the sellers page if you are promoting their product or does the promotional content that you use have to be 100% original?

I know you could play it safe and ask for their permission first but if you are promoting dozens or hundreds of products that can get a bit time consuming.

I don't want to jump into something like this without knowing the right way to do this.
Lohengrin

Postby terrapin719 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:05 pm

I think it's perfectly acceptable and most likely expected that you'll use a bit of the copy and of course the images for the product.

If you're lucky the affiliate program will provide a backend where you can get promo copy and special graphics for affiliates to use. But, if not then the sales page is all you have to work with.

You can always use blockquotes to show the parts that are from the sales letter when you're blogging about it or writing an article on your site.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 pm

terrapin719 wrote:You can always use blockquotes to show the parts that are from the sales letter when you're blogging about it or writing an article on your site.

This is exactly what I do, I just make sure to post something like "From such and such website".
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:59 pm

I always look for programs/products to promote that have excellent promo tools. I am kind of a promo tool junkie. I love to see the various sources companies have available. There are a few companies I have joined that have everything including a whole 8 day marketing plan. Nothing is left to think about. You just implement the steps using the tools they provide. Excellent for new beginners in my eyes.
mellymom3

Return to Affiliate Marketing