[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - is there an easy way to keep CJ accounts from closing? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

is there an easy way to keep CJ accounts from closing?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

is there an easy way to keep CJ accounts from closing?

Postby DotDriven » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 am

Hey guys,

Was hoping someone here might have some advice on how to keep your CJ account "alive" when not actively promoting anything through them. This is my second account with them and I recently got the stupid email saying my account will be deleted if I don't have some activity...very annoying. I can understand wanting to keep the databases cleaned up but deleting accounts just because they haven't pushed any sales is annoying.

I did several hundred in commissions probably about 10-11 months ago but I guess you have to have something coming in more often.

I'd rather not have to create yet another account after I have added all my sites and info.

I've tried emailing them asking to keep my account alive but no reply of course.

So, in short (after the long drawn out post lol), is there an easy method or option somewhere in your account to make sure it doesn't get deleted even if you don't have the time/resources to get some leads through? Grrrr, even that wasn't short lol. I really need to learn to summarize :(
DotDriven

Postby Baggs » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 am

I don't think so - unless you make a sale every 6 months, they close the account - even if you have a balance sitting on it that is under the minimum they pay out on.

Happened to me when I first started. They may have changed the system since though.
Baggs

Postby DotDriven » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 am

DotDriven

Postby PickyBoot » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:07 am

PickyBoot

Postby DotDriven » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:25 am

DotDriven

Postby HappyWife » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 am

Hi DotDriven,

I had the same problem when I first started affiliate marketing. I haven't checked the TOS lately at CJ, but at the time it was a sale every 6 months to keep the account alive.

To avoid my account closing, I just made a purchase through one of my own links. It worked fine and kept my account active.

I just picked out a gift for my family and ordered it through my own link and had it delivered there. Know anyone you want to surprise? :)

It is a bit of a pain, yes, but it's easier than having your account close and then have to go and change all your links to the new account! I'm very thankful that I don't have that trouble any longer now that my sites have aged and grown in traffic and income.

Hope that sorts it out for you.
Blessings,
Angie
HappyWife

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:02 pm

There's nothing to my knowledge that you can do in your CJ backoffice to prevent that. It's their "rulez". You have to have some activity to keep the account up.

BUT ... If you're not gonna do anything with CJ why bother to stay on? Activity, I believe, is not just sales but clickthrus and such to count as activity.

I'm not a big fan of CJ but I still have a couple of products I promote that do decent and can only be an affiliate thru CJ. Otherwise the other networks are better organized, IMO. If you can find the same or similar products/services thru other networks, go to those others.

But I can see their point in keeping their databases cleaned up every six months. Even ClickBank will close your account after a period of time without any sales.

Sounds like you just need to go with the other networks that don't have that policy. Six months is a long time to go without any activity if you are serious about doing affiliate marketing.

My 3 centz anyway ...

Good Luck! :wink:

8)
CorpRebel

Return to Affiliate Marketing