This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Jeremy Palmer's Free Affiliate Guides - Gone!

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Jeremy Palmer's Free Affiliate Guides - Gone!

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:10 pm

I just noticed that Jeremy Palmer pulled both of his free affiliate guides off the web. He used to offer the Black Ink Project and his High Performance Affiliate Marketing ebook both for free.

Sometime in the last week or so he pulled both of those off the 'net and replaced them with an order page for a paid version of the Black Ink Project (at $97).

Up to that point, it was the best (if not only) free training you could get on Affiliate Marketing.

I have mixed feelings on it really. I had just put up a really good blog post that ranks #1 in Google now, and was sending people to those free offers from that post. What a great way to get tons of quality backlinks - just offer something awesome for free, then switch it to a sales page!

If there was a major announcement from Jeremy about it, I missed it - so I thought I'd pass the word in case you hadnt heard about this yet yourself.

Just wanted to give you a heads up about those guides coming off the web. Hopefully there will be something good to replace them soon. If you know of other free affiliate guides out there, or have thoughts/comments on this "news" - leave a reply here.

- - - - -

Of course, if you're in the Atlanta area (or willing to travel) there is a low-cost hands-on workshop at the end of the month. I have the details on my blog at: http://www.clicknewz.com/1787/affiliate ... -workshop/

This is the direct link to that workshop: http://www.nicheaffiliatemarketingsystems.com And I havent officially "spilled the beans" yet... but I'll be speaking at that event ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby chassm » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Hey Lynn,
Actually he did announce it, those of us on his list who got to enjoy Black Ink 1 and 2 for free knew about plenty of time ahead and all those lessons are downloadable so if you didn't get them then.. yeah you're SOL.

I agree that was definitely the best deal anyone has ever offered. The training was solid and can't beat the price. I would have paid for it after seeing black ink 1.

Anyways... back to work..
chassm

Postby lisaw » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi Lynn - I had heard about the paid version (2.0) back in November - and there was a live sales page at that time - is this something different?
lisaw
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:42 pm

I must have missed that memo then - wouldnt be the first time! :oops:

So are there any other good free resources/tutorials on Affiliate Marketing that you guys are aware of? I know 30 Day Challenge, but that is geared towards product development, no?

Obviously we have the original Affiliate Masters Course by Ken Evoy, but its not up to date with social media / Web 2.0 etc...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JudithStep » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Yep. The changes were widely announced. Jeremy Palmer is awesome. He's given mega-free-benefits to his Quit Your Day Job, Black In Project and Black Ink 2 communities. Businessman that he is, he has more-than earned the right now to sell his fabulous affiliate marketing products.
JudithStep
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 pm

I dont disagree with you on that point. He certainly has!

The information is solid, and well worth a hundred bucks.

I'm curious if there is anything out there like it, that is free - that I can recommend to replace the links I had up for these products.

Back to marketing for a sec tho - Jeremy sold the ebook for $47. Then decided to give it away for free. Then dropped it, and replaced the download page with a link to buy the $97 product. Kind of hard to keep up with! I keep having to update my links to his stuff :p Smart move though because I am sure he got TONS of quality inbound links for having the free offers up... which will prove very profitable for him now.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:52 pm

It goes back to that great tip on monetization for new sites: Put up content first, get the links, then monetize later (after you have all the quality links in place). People dont like to link to commercial sites as much as they do content sites, and you have a really hard time getting links to an "adsense site" (MFA) ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby chassm » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Yeah he's one of the truly good guys, he has not disappointed me yet. It's still tough to do this successfully even with all the training though. I have started to cut down on my subscriptions and I have opted out of several email lists I signed up to since July last year, but I'm sure I'll stay on Jeremy's list... Don't worry Lynn you're safe too! :)
chassm

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:06 pm

LOL thanks ;)

I'm digging through my emails to see where/how I missed this announcement. I'm pretty bummed to see these 'freebies' go off the market - and I'm sure I'm not alone. Gotta give Jeremy credit for leaving them up as long as he did. I cant imagine how many people he helped get a solid start with those offers!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JudithStep » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Yes Lynn, you're right.

I was a moderator for the Black Inc Project. There were 2-3,000 participants at various stages in affiliate marketing from all over the world.

The amount and quality of the Black Ink content shared in the live webinars and followup action plans was staggering. It easily could have been a graduate-level affiliate marketing course.

Anyone considering buying the Black Ink 2 material should rest assured that their money is well spent. The material is available in audio, webinar and written content.

The Black Ink Project is first rate. As is Jeremy Palmer.
JudithStep
Elite Member

Postby 2020_MN » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Hey Lynn,

Yep, as others have said, it was widely announced that Jeremy stopped taking members to the free version of The Black Ink Project at least a few months ago. Those of us on Jeremy's mailing list knew that The Black Ink Project was opened way back in May, for free on a limited basis, for a limited time. He even ended up extending it, so that as many people as possible could take advantage of it, however as with most great deals it did come to an end. ;-)

He is definitely a smart, and very successful businessman, no doubt about that, and I agree that he has certainly earned the right to now charge for the training that he invested so much time, effort, and money into developing and fine tuning on us "free-loaders". ;-)

Those of us that got in on the free training of Black Ink 1 and 2 are very lucky, indeed. The content is like none other you will find - and definitely goes way beyond any free resources you will find. If you didn't take advantage of it for free, it's unfortunate for sure, but at least you can still get that same training(actually expanded) for less than $100.

From what I understand there will be a Black Ink 3, and I for one will pay for it when it comes out.

I believe the fact that the link to download his ebook for free is not available may be a mistake, and may get fixed. Just a hunch.

Best...
Lynn
2020_MN

Postby JudithStep » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Lynn,

To clarify ... The Black Ink Project is all new material. It isn't the same content as Jeremy's "High Performance Affiliate Marketing" ebook. I think he took this ebook down because the BIP has much better content.

FWIW ... Jeremy does very little AdSense. He monetized the BIP from its inception. The content and his community were free to participants. It was never free to the commercial sponsors (Yahoo, Web Ex, etc.) who paid; nor was it free of his affiliate links.

Jeremy is a fabulous businessman who believes in giving back because it's the right thing to do. Whoa! :)

Judith
JudithStep
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 pm

I was lucky enough to participate in both BIP 1 and 2. It was an amazing course. In the world of $1,997 courses this one was amazing and free! Like Lynn I missed the announcement from Jeremy that the free course was ending. I just checked my emails from him back from Sept. and nada. But I'm not surprised. His course was amazing so I'm not surprised he would continue to offer it for free. :)
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

offset the cost of BlackInk2

Postby Stephen Carter » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 pm

2020_MN might be right. i wouldn't be surprised if that free ebook reappears sometime.

on the other hand the Black Ink 2 product only has a gravity of 12 in ClickBank, so it could do with more people promoting it, and the redirection might be an attempt to bump up sales.

it is a great course, and if anyone is seriously considering getting a copy then i recommend that you go through my site and nab yourself a bonus copy of my Review Site software which builds Black Ink style review sites. it was created specifically for that purpose, and it'll give you a jump start on the whole process.
Stephen Carter

E-book and Black Ink 1.0

Postby quityourdayjob » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy to hear that you've found my e-book and the Black Ink Project to be helpful affiliate training guides.

I wanted to clarify a few things...

The e-book is still available to download for free. If you sign up for my mailing list, you will receive a link to download the book. I'm no longer highlighting it on the site because I'm preparing to update it in the near future.

The Black Ink Project (version 1.0) is no longer available to download. The project was released in limited beta to just a few thousand people. Once we hit the threshold I took it off the market.

The first Black Ink Project serves as an introduction to the more complete Black Ink 2.0. The second version of the project goes into much more detail and follows a more logical path.

I'm actively working on Black Ink 3 and several other affiliate training products. Some will be free, others will be reasonably priced.

Best,
Jeremy
quityourdayjob

Next

Return to Affiliate Marketing