[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ebay Affiliate Program • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ebay Affiliate Program

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Ebay Affiliate Program

Postby karadawn » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:26 pm

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:53 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:46 pm

karadawn

Postby Mike Merz » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:31 pm

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby karadawn » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:28 pm

karadawn

Postby James Mann » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:00 pm

James Mann

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:12 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:25 am

karadawn

Postby James Mann » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:38 am

James Mann

Postby karadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:30 pm

Hmmm, yeah you could do it that way, but also just the fixed price. There is no bidding and you can list as many items as you want. Here's an example of a fixed price auction with multiple items: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11163

*Note - I don't have anything to do with that auction, just using it as an example!

I think that option would work best for eBooks, don't you?
karadawn

Postby karadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:33 pm

I just found another auction like that except this one is for eBooks: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=20924
karadawn

Postby James Mann » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:58 pm

Kara, I see now. (buy now)

I like that idea way better than putting a reserve price.

That is what I will do. Thank you for taking the time to go looking. :D

I now have to figure out when to place the item for sale so it will end at
the best time. I understand that it should probably end on Sat. or Sun.
evening.

Do you have any ideas on that? Please don't go looking for that answer.
I appreciate your help but you have things to do also. I can take the time
if you don't know the answer of the top of your head. :D
James Mann

Postby karadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:43 pm

Oh James it was no problem. I was at eBay anyway playing, getting my affliate links set up.

I don't know right off the top of my head which days are best, but I always set mine for 7 days and have them end on Saturday (with the exception of this week when I had to start it on Tuesday and 5 days was the best I could do, so it will end on Sunday). The reason for mine ending on this day is because I put banners up on Mondays and give them about 48 hours to get the money to me. Now remember I also advertise my autions both under the banners on the site, on the "Advertising" page, and in my newsletter.

Last week was terrible and I should have known better putting an auction up that was schedualed to end the day after the 4th. :roll: I had 1 bid each on 2 banners and none on a 3rd. Then one never paid me (that's why I put the banner back up on Tuesday this week). It actually ended up working better because that originally $7 banner is now up to $20 :D .

How do you plan to do your autions? Are you going to be letting eBay do the advertising or do you plan to point people to the auctions? The reason I ask is because people tend to bid/buy when the auction is almost ended, and I haven't gotten any bids since I made the notice about the auctions earlier this week. Sooo, my point is maybe Saturday isn't the best day to have it ending on. You know, now that I think about it, seems like I heard somewhere that Sunday night was the best time to have it end.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
karadawn

Postby James Mann » Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:33 am

Good morning Kara, I would think that the day following the 4th might
be a poor day. I noticed the forums were pretty dead.

Here is my "Me Page" on eBay.

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/2ezguides/

I think I am going to put up a couple of my eBooks tomorrow night for 7
days so they end next Sunday night.

I wonder if it is worth trying an auction for one day?

I think I would just let eBay sell it, I like to keep my links point to my
eCourse or Newsletter.
James Mann

Postby karadawn » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:24 pm

karadawn

Next

Return to Affiliate Marketing