[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is it normal to be snubbed by affiliate programs • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is it normal to be snubbed by affiliate programs

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Is it normal to be snubbed by affiliate programs

Postby pflsara » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:40 pm

for low traffic volume? My baby project has no pagerank as of yet and is only getting about 50 visitors a day right now. It was only launched about 5 days ago. It has several pages of content and some other added goodies to it so I don't think I was rejected for lack of content.

http://www.sheworeprada.com
pflsara

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Sometimes I don't know what their criteria is. I have a computer related site that has page rank and lots of content and have applied to be a Staples affiliate (my favorite offline store) twice now and keep getting turned down. So I'll wait a while and try again.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 am

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby LisaHartwell » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 pm

It might also be worth calling the affiliate manager if you can find their details and argue your case. It's a lot harder to say no to someone in person.

Lisa
LisaHartwell

RE:Is it normal to be snubbed by affiliate programs

Postby bopub » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Page rank for affiliate pages were phased out of search engine
indexes from Jan-Mar 2006. The new "housekeeping" policy
expelled affiliate links from cluttering the search results. If your
link is indexed, consider it to be fortunate.
bopub

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Daniel Cassidy

Postby wade_watson » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:10 pm

wade_watson

Postby amjonathan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 am

The best thing to do when denied a program is to contact your affiliate manager as posted above. Sometimes people are denied simply because the reviewer found something questionable, you simply asking about the situation helps with the validity of your request.

Most advertisers don’t care about low traffic, they would almost prefer low traffic / high quality to high traffic / low quality. It just depends.
amjonathan

Postby AMAmanda » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:20 am

Talk to your affiliate manager and they should get the problem fixed for you.
AMAmanda

Postby CorpRebel » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Most of the affiliate managers will try to work with you if you let them know how and where you expect to get your traffic from. It'll also depend on what your site subject matter is in relation to what you're wanting to promote.

I've been denied a few times when joining an affiliate network because I didn't have a site up yet for that particular niche. Once I explained that I wanted to start a new site but had to know what I would be able to promote first BEFORE I made the site.

Then I was ok & approved. So try to talk with an affiliate manager and keep them "in the loop". After all, they want YOU to make money so they can too! :wink:

8)
CorpRebel

Return to Affiliate Marketing