This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Clickbank?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Clickbank?

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Do you find it hard to make money with Clickbank. I am always checking stats to find no new sales :(
MommyEnterprises

Postby americanwahm » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:19 am

I don't find much on CB that I want to promote other than what Jimmy D Brown and Nicole do. I do well with those products.
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:26 am

Hi Stefani,

1. There is so much garbage on CB being pushed by so many people...very often to each other.

2. If you are selling to other marketers, most are not using your CB ID, but their own to purchase.

3. As Kelly said, there is really not much worth promoting.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Well, Clickbank can be profitable...but mainly with info products outside of the IM niche.

Think immediate problem type stuff that people need a quick solution for...and create a site that has an interactive device to engage your visitor.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:06 pm

I find that Clickbank can be profitable if you are marketing to people who already trust you. ie. - your own list you developed

Like anything your relationship with your prospect is the most important thing when you recommend products, not who or where you are distributing it through.

IMHO, If you are not making sales with your established list, then I would think that reflects more about not targeting the right product for the right audience at the right time.

Just my couple of cents . . .

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:29 am

Yes I agree that it is more profitable outside the IM niche. It was not until I started promoting CB products outside of IM that I noticed more sales. I put up a couple of blogs and every couple of months I still get a sale or two. Every Internet marketer knows if they are being sold a CB product and won't buy it because they know it is an affiliate selling it to them.
Daniel Cassidy

Postby karynsolo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:15 pm

I tried clickbank numerous times it is very hard to get sales from there, finally I gave up on it. In the 3 years I have tried with them I think I may have earned $100 in commissions.
karynsolo

Postby tess47 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Clickbank works EXTREMELY well for me, but I'm not in the IM niche.

I can see where it wouldn't be very effective in that niche, because as someone said it seems that everyone is trying to push those products on everyone else.

For work at home and home business niches, it's wonderful! :D
tess47

Postby alexc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:33 pm

So I have looked at ClickBank a couple of times and it is pretty overwhelming what is available there. Add in that all of the various products and commission rates on those products don't seem to have any logical organization and it just gets confusing for a new guy to really figure out what is worth the effort and what isn't.

I may have to look again and see if I can decipher it, but I just haven't put in the effort needed yet.
alexc

Postby Dustie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:34 am

I also do quite well with Clickbank and generate a check every two weeks. I think it is important to keep an eye on what the top selling products are and update your promotions accordingly.

Cheers
Dustie
Dustie

Postby Li Weng » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Clickbank is good. It's about choosing the right products for your target market and promoting it effectively.
Li Weng

Postby Mitch » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:17 pm

The problem I have with Clickbank is that it's hard to find one where you can actually write something on your own and go straight to a sales page, instead of having to go through their squeeze page first all the time. It just looks, well, strange to most people who do decide to click on your link.
Mitch

Return to Affiliate Marketing