[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Information on Affiliate Marketing Can I Provide Here? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Information on Affiliate Marketing Can I Provide Here?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What Information on Affiliate Marketing Can I Provide Here?

Postby tvanslooten » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:24 pm

The affiliate marketing forum here has been kind of quite lately so I thought I would ask what you all want to see more of in here.

If there is any kind of specific training or information you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do my best to provide it.

My goal is to beef up this section of Lynn's forum so whatever I can contribute on a regular basis to accomplish that I will!

Thanks,

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Travis,
Maybe you could tell us how best to keep affiliate programs/products organized. Let's say you have a few different websites and they are all focused on a different niche. How do you keep the separate programs/products organized so you can just grab the info and add it to your website/blog content?

Does that make sense?
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi Travis,

Thanks for posting. It is really nice to see a mod take a proactive role in his particular forum.

I have often thought that the AM section here is way underutilized considering there are about 10K members on this forum. There must be a lot of AMs here.

One reason I believe the AM section is underutilized is because there are so many other forums that devote a whole section to AM or their whole forum is devoted to AM....so, most AMs probably go there for there AM "fix".

Has Lynn ever thought of devoting a section to AM instead of placing it in this eBiz Focus Topics area? It could have it's own sub forums like...New Affiliate Marketers....General Affiliate Marketing....Affiliate Networks....In House Affiliate Programs....Affiliate Best Practices....Affiliate Managers, etc.....just a few off the cuff.

Affiliate Marketing almost seems like an afterthought being buried in the eBiz Focus Topics area when it is probably the industry most "make money from home on the internet" people go in to.

I, too, would like to hear others thoughts. I keep this forum in my favorites because I have always liked Lynn's style, but to be honest, when I have serious affiliate talk or questions, I go to A Best Web or Associate Programs. Most affiliate and affiliate manager posts I make here go unanswered.

Just my 2 cents.....Whatever can be done within you powers as a mod of this section will be an improvement.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby tvanslooten » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Angie:

Let me think about that one. That could be a little tough to demonstrate given that everybody works so differently when creating sites. For example, some folks use datafeeds while others (like myself) like to manually add products/programs to my sites when appropriate. However, the general suggestion of organization is a good one so let me see what I can put together.

Jim:

I think you and I are on the same page as far as this section of the forum being under utilized. I'm surprised at how "slow" this section of the forum is given the number of members and as you pointed out, given that most people are probably doing affiliate marketing. That's why I started this post. I'm curious as to what the members here want to see more of in the way of affiliate marketing.

I'll bring this post to Lynn's attention and see what she thinks.

Thanks for the great suggestions! Keep them coming!

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby Jim Guinn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Travis,

I am afraid this does not look promising with the lack of input. I was even disappointed with the reposnse to the post/poll I made in the Elite Members' section.

Is an affiliate forum on SSWT a waste?

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby tvanslooten » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:57 am

tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:25 am

Hi Travis,

The best information IMHO is from the heart, it is from your own experience. What specific area of affiliate marketing are you really good at?

What strategies do you use to make your affiliate marketing business successful? Expand on them. Create value for people first, this is what they (or I) look for daily.

There are many people out here that are just repeating what others have told them to say, or what they think they should say. All just rehashing old information.

There must be a particular strategy that you use that has been responsible for most of your growth. How can you share that with people?

Share the basic fundamentals of owning and operating a successful affiliate marketing business and people will come to you in droves. They are hungry for sound business principles.

Share your passion, everything will fall into place . . .

Just my 2 cents . . .

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 am

Hi Jim,

In answer to expanding a forum's sections, usually there needs to be active posting going on, so that specific topics can be addressed in each area.

To expand a section's specific topics before people are getting involved is usually a waste of time. (Don't shoot the messenger)

If we want Lynn to expand this section then we must make it possible by creating traffic and interest and involvement here first.

Just my humble opinion.

Al
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:47 am

I would think the majority of us here are involved in affiliate marketing one way or another online.

Some good points have been raised and Travis is doing a great job trying to jump-start things.

If we all start adding reviews of affiliate programs that might get the needed traffic here to make this section of the forum more active.

SSWT is very much Lynn so it will take time for folks to start engaging with others who are tying to liven up things like Travis. Of course I can't speak for Lynn but I believe that is what she was going for when she seeking new mods to liven up the sections here.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:06 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Jim Guinn

Return to Affiliate Marketing