[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - From scratch or what? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

From scratch or what?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

From scratch or what?

Postby dbh » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi everyone, I haven't been too active in IM for awhile, been doing other things.

Now I want to finish developing an online income. So this question is in regard to affiliate websites.

I have several affiliate accounts with Clickbank, Amazon, eBay, and CJ, and others, and I have a good webhost whom I've been with for over 7 years.

What I'd like to know is which methods are prefered to create your affiliate websites? For example, if I find a Clickbank product that I want to promote, I go look at the pitch page, looks cool, then decide to build an affiliate site for the product(s). Should I create the site from scratch in Frontpage or Dreamweaver or should I use one of those instant-site programs and then customize the result. Maybe use a variant on the original product pitch page?

Words of wisdom and all forms of advice are appreciated :)

- Darrell
dbh

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:20 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby dbh » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks Lynn. Sorry to ask, but could you elaborate just a bit? Do you mean that if I build an affiliate site to promote a Clickbank (or other) product, it might be best to write about said product with more of a topic/review style rather than traditional sales copy?

I'm thinking that I like that idea because I can promote these things in blog posts or pages. I've already got 2 site which I can do this with. Anyway, thank you very much for your input :)
dbh

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:06 am

I think so, yes. Besides you are sending them to the merchants site, which has the sales copy and closes the sale. Your job is to PRE-sell ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Trent Brownrigg » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:06 pm

Trent Brownrigg

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:09 am

Yup ;)

I also build product-based sites for physical products (not info products - for those I build info/content sites). If you want to see an example, read my latest blog entry which talks about this weeks issue of SSWT (if you arent subscribed, you can do that in the top right corner of this page):

:arrow:

I am switching all of my affiliate sites over to "Web 2.0" and using WordPress to do that. Its a cool method called Static Blogging. Check out the before & after examples and let me know what you think!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing