[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - budget necessary to compete in a affiliate arena • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

budget necessary to compete in a affiliate arena

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

budget necessary to compete in a affiliate arena

Postby edwinnyc » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:39 am

Ok...........smell the roses, what is not being mentioned is the amount of money one must have to begin working effectively as an affiliate.

How much money should one have in place to start with to promote via google ads any affiliate program
edwinnyc

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:34 am

You can start with as little as $50... but you'll really need $2-300 to get a good feel for the performance of your campaign.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Google Ads a Bust for me.

Postby Mark P. » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:51 am

Okay... you just got me started. I do not for 1 minute believe tat Google Ads work. I have used it several times and all I ever managed to do is watch the bids on every one of my keywords go throught the roof until there are none left. I think it is a Googlescam. I can use a keyword like HGFTUMK(*^865GK for 5cents and in a day the bids will climb until they want adollar for me to use it. Are there other bidders? I DON'T THINK SO! Do I use adsense on my websites? You bettcha, all of them. I'll take money from google who is putting their hands in the pockets of hard working internet marketers, but I'll be damned if I'm going to give it to them. Thank you and Good Nite :twisted:
Mark P.

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:46 pm

That's the first time I've heard something like that, so you have my interest. I'll admit I have my campaigns paused and havent advertised through Adwords recently (last 6 months maybe) simply because I have been focusing on other things and needed to make time to re-work some new campaigns. Anyway, my experience prior to that was always positive with a good ROI...

Have you talked with others who had similar recent experiences? You might consider screen-shotting your campaign and talking openly about this experience.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing