[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Linking to order page or sales page? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Linking to order page or sales page?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Linking to order page or sales page?

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 am

I have a new review site where I've written a detailed review of the product I'm promoting including a description, my review, a table with all details including price, etc. Should I send them to the sales page/main website of the merchant or the order page? I worry that after they spend time reading my review they'll be discouraged if they have to now go through a long sales page. What are your thoughts? Thanks!
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 24, 2007 1:36 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu May 24, 2007 10:35 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Getagrip » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Lynn actually has a great idea there about giving a choice - I never thought of that one! One thing you could do is test each option to see which works best, but I really can't argue with offering a choice!
Getagrip

Postby Bina Omar » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Yes, Lynn has a great idea. I'm also one who, when presold by a review, will click over to the salespage, scroll down and hit the order button. I wouldn't even read the salespage.

But then again, I AM a seasoned internet user and am probably used to a salesletter and can just ignore it. Others may not be so forgiving.

Just my two cents.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby braver55b » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Have you considered developing a related e-course to whet their appetite "ala squeeze page" before sending to to salepage or order page?
braver55b

Return to Affiliate Marketing