[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Many decisions to make on what I should do ? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Many decisions to make on what I should do ?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Many decisions to make on what I should do ?

Postby montyauto » Tue May 22, 2007 6:18 am

Would you say it be more profitable/ productive

as well as be more worthwhile to me - overall to make up my Own

Affiliate directory & put it on my website OR to join a few “Good”

programs & promote them on my website ?
montyauto

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 22, 2007 7:26 am

What kind of website do you have? Are you referring to the link in your Signature?

Its a very general question, but I would say that promoting a few specific programs that are a good match for your site content & visitor type would be more profitable than building an affiliate directory.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jim Guinn » Tue May 22, 2007 8:31 am

Hi montyauto,

I would have to agree with Lynn on this one. There are so many good affiliate directories out there already it would be touch to compete with them. Rather, pick a few affiliate programs, buy, use and test the products...and, then create your sales pages with attention to "preselling" your customers.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby john925 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:36 pm

It's up to you what you do but running an affiliate programs directory is not easy. Running an articles directory or a web directory is much easier than an affiliate programs directory as affiliate programs shut down all the time, they update their affiliate program tos frequently, etc.
john925

Postby half21back » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:20 am

Hi montyauto,

I would follow Lynn's advice and find some affiliate programs to promote. A problem that a lot of affiliates have online though is not knowing how to promote the program.

I would be willing to coach free one-on-one if you're interested. To see what I get out of coaching you, .

I'm only coaching five people though.

Regards,
half21back

Return to Affiliate Marketing