[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Should I write this review?? HELP! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Should I write this review?? HELP!

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Should I write this review?? HELP!

Postby LynnWilson » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:14 pm

I was going to write an unsolicited book review on my blog, just to share my thoughts on this new book with my readers. As it turns out, I have almost nothing good to say about the book. It is FULL of grammatical and spelling errors and typos. I promised I'd put my personal review of the book up, but now???

To complicate matters, I am an affiliate for the small company that published the book. They do have a couple of other products I like, but I cannot in any way recommend this book!

Do I publish my review on my blog as promised and be totally honest, and hope I am not banned as an affiliate? Do I adhere to the thought that if you can't say something nice, don't way anything at all? Do I contact the company directly and say, "How could you publish something like this? I cannot recommend this product!"

There was not much of a contract when I signed up for this affiliate program.

Lynn :shock:
LynnWilson

Re: Should I write this review?? HELP!

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:35 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LynnWilson » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:30 am

Lynn, thank you so much for your response. I was really hoping to hear what you'd have to say about this. :)

I'll post an update of what happens.

Thanks again,
Lynn Wilson
LynnWilson

Postby LynnWilson » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:46 pm

Ewww. I wrote what I thought was a very respectful e-mail stating my concerns and asking if there would be a reprint to correct any errors.

I don't like what I got back. Suffice it to say that they are on the defensive and I felt I was belittled for being picky. I got a slap on the hand and was told to do whatever I wanted to about promoting or not promoting the book. I was informed that it was not a part of the affiliate program anyway.

Part of me wants to help out and send them my very marked-up copy of the book. The other part of me is :evil: over the lack of professionalism. Indeed, the lack of professionalism makes me want to cancel my affiliate agreement!

Any advice?
Lynn

EDITING TO ADD: I have had another e-mail from the company. This one seems a lot more thoughtful. I am offering suggestions and the tone is friendlier on their side. I'll see how it goes.
LynnWilson

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing