[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Promote one program or multiple per website? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Promote one program or multiple per website?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Promote one program or multiple per website?

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:52 pm

I'm setting up a new site to promote an affiliate program. Is it better I just pick one affiliate program to promote or offer several "choices"? There are several programs I can choose with commissions ranging 15% to 75%. I'm thinking of sticking to one program since my site will be about learning and I will have a lot of free tutorials, info, podcast and audio streaming but than I want to offer the choice of paying for the course and here is where I wonder if I should have several options or just promote one? Any suggestions? I only want to select programs that are good so I don't want to have links to any course offering an affiliate program. If I go with multiple it would only be a few.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Brian Lam » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:29 pm

Well, I should say it will really depends on the kind of site that you will be building.

For example, I did build a site full with a few affiliate programs that centralize around a common theme and I did a review on all of them and gave ratings to them. This gives a better choice for your visitors to choose from.

But you might also like to just promote the best program with a reasonable amount of commission and concentrate on recommending it to all of your visitors.

Where I would personally go for is the first option of building a kind of site like a multiple review programs site since you will be having so much content in your site. This will indicate many different types of people visiting and not just one type so I guess sticking to this will maximize your commissions.
Brian Lam

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu May 24, 2007 12:14 am

I ended up creating two sites within the niche. One site I'm only promoting one product. The second site I designed it as a review site so I'm promoting seven products within this niche. I'll see which one does better. :D
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby john925 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:37 pm

It's up to you how many you want to choose and promote. But don't forget that each program has a minimum payout that you have to reach. The more programs you promote the harder it will be to reach the minimum payout level in all of the programs unless you are with an affiliate network.
john925

Postby Getagrip » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:02 pm

It really does depends on the situation, but it is usually best to offer more than one alternative, because people like to have choices.
Getagrip

Return to Affiliate Marketing