[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do I incorporate affiliate programs into my website? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do I incorporate affiliate programs into my website?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How do I incorporate affiliate programs into my website?

Postby Virtualmom » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:32 pm

I am in the process of designing my website. My site will be geared towards WAHM's in a specific industry. I will dispense advice and provide startup information for this specific type of business.

My problem is that I also want to generate an income from this site. I know that I want to be an affiliate marketer AND I want to help WAHM's succeed in business.

How do you suggest that I incorporate the affiliate marketing aspect into the content of my website? I've visited sites where I immediately left because there were so many ads and banners on the page. NOT FOR ME! Are there some good affiliate programs out there that do not require that you post a banner on your site, just a link to their site.

I've read where some people actually have like 5 or 6 different sites just for affiliate marketing each specific for different types of affiliate programs.

I don't want to go that route seeing as this is my first website and multiple websites can be expensive. Any suggestions?

Yolanda (website coming soon)
Virtualmom

Great question, Yolanda!

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:15 am

This is a great question, Yolanda! You are definitely on the right track and I like the way you think :D

My number one recommendation would be to use your CONTENT to promote your affiliate links. Making recommendations, offering product reviews, or writing "how-to" articles including resources (your affiliate links) is the best way to market your affiliate programs.

Obviously you want to be completely honest, and also only promote programs you feel are beneficial to your targeted market... and these tactics are the key to your affiliate marketing success!

You'll really enjoy the Affiliate Masters Course by Ken Evoy. You can get it for free, by email or ebook, here:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/a ... uccess.htm

Are you taking notes? I just made a personal recommendation to you! I am an affiliate for Ken Evoy's products... I love them and use them myself, so I KNOW this is what you need right now to help you move to the next step... so my recommendation is honest and sincere. The actual product (free ebook or ecourse) I am recommending is free. BUT if you like the information, and if you like Ken Evoy's 5 Pillar Affiliate Program (I personally think it would be perfect for your targeted market!), then you'll sign up for the program... under me... so its a win/win for both of us! You'll learn valuable information and start making *great* commissions... and I will make referral commissions (as its a two-tiered program).

Here's some more good affiliate information, and you'll find my direct link to sign up for the SiteSell affiliate program (Ken Evoy's 5 Pillar Club) at the bottom: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/5 ... iliate.htm (You can get the Getting Started Action Guide free at this link).

Check out my other post on this board about the affiliate programs I have been making money with recently... you might like some of those as well... and feel free to email me anytime (or post here!) if you find a program you think I will like!

And THIS is how you become a successful affiliate marketer! You take the time to offer CONTENT around your programs, send out recommendations in your newsletter, or write articles around resources & products... and lets dont forget responding to emails and forum posts when others are looking for something specific... like you were!

I hope you both enjoy the resources AND see this for the example it is... I wish you all the luck with your new site! I'm here if you need any resource or want to 'brainstorm' some ideas :wink:

Oh - one more good example:
http://www.WebServiceNetwork.com/ebay.htm

I'm an affiliate for eBay... check out the resources I put together around my affiliate links on the page above. This is a great example of affiliate marketing... and I used my radio publicity to promote my affiliate programs! What do you think?

One more last thought... and this is the most important tip I can give you... You GET what you GIVE... put your heart into it and take on the task of affiliate marketing with the intention of helping others achieve their goals and become successful in their own work-at-home businesses... and it will work for you! If you go at it from the angle of "how many links can I post and how much money can I make?" - it wont work nearly the same... :wink:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Virtualmomwebmom » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:16 pm

Wow Lynn!
Thank you so much! I have learned so much from you. I don't where I would be without your tips. :lol:
Virtualmomwebmom

Postby Joe McHenry » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:42 am

Joe McHenry

Postby Virtualmomwebmom » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:40 pm

Virtualmomwebmom

Here's my approach Yolanda......

Postby The Great Gordino » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:10 pm

Hi! :shock:
Lynn's sites do a greta job in the content angle, and this is sound advice.
To be honest, my technical expertise isn't as good as hers, so I cant be bothered to keep updating.
Therefore I use a different approach.
My 'home' site, is simply geared to get subscribers to my newsleter. who then get to know me thru the issues.
I then recommend products I know will benefit the readers.
My other approach is for 1/2 page sites promoting one affiliate prgram by itslef.
This can be as cheap as 48.95 a year, in fact I will be putting my new one up for review here, so watch for it.

I got this information from Phil Wiley's exzcellent book Mini Site Profits, you can see it here:

Hope that helps!
Gordon[/url]
The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:22 pm

Thank you, Gordon. Off topic, but I really enjoy your newsletter - I find it to be short enough to read the minute I receive it (regardless of what else is going on in the office) - but also containing rich content which leaves me anticipating the next issue! Very good stuff :wink:

Continuing with that topic: content and whether to post it on your website or not... Yes, it does require weekly (and sometimes more often!) updating, which can be time consuming. I have a good system down now so its just a matter of copy & paste + upload. But there is one HUGE benefit to archiving your newsletter content online...

...and it has to do with the search engines :D This is actually the topic I am writing about (in detail!) in the upcoming issue of Self-Starters Weekly Tips - I think you'll all enjoy and get some great info out of it. If you arent subscribed (visit the link in my signature to subscribe if you'd like), you'll find this information on the front page of the website a week from Monday (April 28th) - as the site is one week behind the email version.

Happy Affiliate Marketing!!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Yes Lynn youre right

Postby The Great Gordino » Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:35 am

The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:07 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing