[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Having a tough time promoting my site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Having a tough time promoting my site

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Having a tough time promoting my site

Postby copybybryan » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:41 am

copybybryan

Postby onlineleben » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:45 am

Maybe taking off the adsense ads from your homepage would help leading the visitors more into your site. Right now it just looks like "click my ads". Also it would be good to have some articles on your site. You have a box at the bottom telling "Articles are coming soon" which could turn people off thinking the website is still in the making.

Just my 2c
onlineleben

Postby rmjvol » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:40 pm

I'd say you've not had enough traffic to know that there's a problem for sure.

Those are 150 hits or visitors or unique visitors?
How many page views does Adwords say you've had on those 2 days, or is this site lumped with others there?
Have you been getting at least a few AdWords clicks yet? CTRs vary but anywhere from 1-20% is common.
Can your aff links tell you how many click thru's you've had?

Your pages look like Google will like them if you can get some links pointing at your site to increase your PageRank.

You might try moving some aff links higher on the page, in the middle of your copy and maybe using some call to action on them instead of just listing them at the very bottom.

Good luck,
Ross
rmjvol

Postby copybybryan » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:16 pm

copybybryan

Postby sugarrae » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:23 am

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby mrCaffeine » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:25 pm

Hello,

Something that might help ya is: http://im4newbies.com/aff-masters.zip

Comes straight from www.im4newbies.com , a sight Mike Merz heads. It's a great read at 200 some odd pages.

Cya,
Eric R
mrCaffeine

Postby Sandra » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:42 pm

Sandra
Elite Member

Postby nsusa » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:03 pm

I personally think there is way too much text on your homepage. I usually want to see just the basics so that I know what the site is about and what it has to offer. Then I decide if I continue browsing the website. A first look at your site showed so much text .....

Reduce the amount of text. Maybe by 50% - have a link on the bottom of the remaining text that links to the complete article. Format the text nicely and add some paragraphs. A larger headline and a bold 'introduction' of 4-5 lines will also make it easier to find out what the purpose of your website is.

Christoph
nsusa

Attracting Visitors to my site then just disappearing!

Postby rainmaker » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:09 am

I seem to be having difficulty getting people to stay on my website and then click further into it, or sign up for my newsletter.

Would anyone have any advice or help they could offer me?

Kindest regards
Helen Palmer
rainmaker

Postby Sandra » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:14 am

Helen,

Add a newsletter sign up form to every page: either at the very top, on left or on the right. This has worked well for me.

Also consider tweaking the site layout/design. For example, add some pictures, and consider a less bright shade of red. Work on your site branding, find a way to make your site's concept different from every other work at home site.

Best wishes,
Sandra
Sandra
Elite Member

Return to Affiliate Marketing