[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - has anyone used affiliatecloner? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

has anyone used affiliatecloner?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

has anyone used affiliatecloner?

Postby pschlegel » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:17 pm

Can anyone tell me about affiliatecloner?

It does a bunch of stuff I want. Is this the one to get, or is there
a better product that does the same and more?

The site is

Paul
pschlegel

Postby Harvey Segal » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:10 am

Harvey Segal
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:11 pm

I use Affiliate Commission Booster (ACB). I had heard discussions in the past that there were problems cloaking Clickbank affiliate links, so I decided to test it for myself by setting up this page:

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/t ... anbook.htm

(let me know if you see any problems with it)

When you click on it, you'll find that it cloaks the link - it seems to be working perfectly. By the time someone reaches the landing page, they are already cookied with your affiliate ID.

Affiliate Cloner looks like a nice program - basically the same functions as Affiliate Commission Booster - - though the price difference is 49.97 for AC versus 19.97 for ACB... quite a jump. It also appears that Affiliate Cloner does not come with full resell rights, while Affiliate Commission Booster does.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Harvey Segal » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:18 pm

Harvey Segal
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:30 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Dieter Kling » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:55 pm

Last edited by Dieter Kling on Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dieter Kling

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:26 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Wayne » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:13 pm

It is true that Affiliate Cloner is probably the
only tool that currently works with Clickbank,
and it should work if you want to cloak your
hoplinks or if a merchant has several products
and you want to link to a specific page. There
are some things you should be aware of though.

Last I tested it Affiliate Cloner requires ActiveX to work. ActiveX is how most
drive-by downloads get on our computer, so more and more people are
disabling ActiveX because of this. However, the majority of people are probably
not even aware of what ActiveX is, so this is probably not a real big problem
right now, although it could result in a few lost sales. But the use of the software
may cause you to keep more of your sales than what the loss through
ActiveX would amount to.

There are a few other concerns with this product that people should be aware of.
It also allows you to link directly to the order form, bypassing the sales page. I
currently do this, but I have been informed by Clickbank that we need to have
permission from the merchant before we do this. I have pointed this out in many
forums, I just don't want to have something that is working great for me be taken
away because of a few people that might abuse it, by misrepresenting the product, etc.
I just think the merchant should be aware of any sales methods his affiliates
are using to sell his product, especially when
they are bypassing the merchants sales page and
using their own ad copy.

Another thing is the invisible popups. This is something that could cause a lot of
problems for affiliates. Some networks do not allow this, and according to Clickbanks
rules (below), I don't think they do either. The invisible popups cause a cookie to be
created without the visitor doing anything. This auto setting of cookies is being highly
debated on another forum I visit. A person has created some software for his own use,
which goes through search engine results looking for sites that are auto setting cookies
with the same programs he promotes, and then he is reporting these sites to the
merchants and trying to get them banned from the program. I myself believe that
auto setting cookies is not right, and many merchants are starting to terminate
affiliates that do this. The forum thread is here, you might have to register to get access:
http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5 ... 7766058855

Clickbank rules:
http://clickbank.com/cblog/
To be legal, hoplinks must be targeted to the top level of a new or existing window. This rule is now enforced. For backward compatibility, hoplinks targeted to subframes or iframes are now automatically retargeted to the top level of that window, with full referral credit awarded. However, hoplinks targeted to invisible objects (like images) now give you no referral credit and in some cases will also prevent referral credit for other hoplinks on that page. If you have illegal hoplinks on your site please remove or modify them now so we don't have to contact you.
http://www.clickbank.com/hoplinks/hoplinkFAQ.html
Will I get referral credit if I hide hoplinks by making them open into a frame, iframe, layer, applet, image, or other sub-window object?
No. These are illegal hoplinks. For security reasons, and to ensure proper tracking of your referrals, all hoplinks must be targeted to the top level of a new or existing window.

Affiliate Cloner is probably the best thing out there if you want to cloak your regular hoplink, or if a merchant has several
products and you want to link to certain sales pages. I just think affilates should be aware of the other things that could
cause some problems.
Last edited by Wayne on Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wayne

Postby blake » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:01 pm

I feel a little trepidation posting this question here because of the specificity of this thread, but hopefully this won't be too off-topic.

(I'm new to Adwords/affiliate marketing, btw ...)

What are the more experienced marketers here doing about merchants with good landing pages that nonetheless have popups?

I have no problem with creating my own landing page, except that the chance of a visitor clicking through this superfluous page seems decreased.

Some sites do have non-pop up pages, or 'better' pages to link to, and I've spent the last few days wondering how to do that; so the alternatives are:

- create your own landing page but risk losing the visitor
- affiliate cloaker
- ACB (if not using clickbank)

are there any other viable approaches?
blake

Postby Wayne » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:21 am

Wayne

Postby alice » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:31 am

alice

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:32 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Wayne » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:41 am

Wayne

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:48 pm

I'd love to also get your opinions on Covert Affiliate:

--------------------------------

Covert Affiliate has recently been upgraded and can now successfully cloak Clickbank hoplinks. Also, what this "sneaky" little tool does is that it gives your visitor a cookie WITHOUT their knowledge.

Many affiliate tools have the feature of cloaking your affiliate link. But only Covert Affiliate goes a step further - and adds a little bit of code to your existing web page (when you use the "embedded mode").

Now, as soon as your visitor views your page, they are tagged with YOUR affiliate cookie. So... whether your visitor clicks on your affiliate link or not - as long as they buy the product after visiting your website - even if they make a purchase from that site a few days or months later ...YOU get the commission.

The will give you
access to a free download of Covert Affiliate

The course covers:

- The Problems That Plague Affiliate Marketers... And What You Can Do About Them

- The No-Brainer Way To Ensure That You Earn A Commission From Every Visitor To Your Site

- Four Super Affiliate Secret Tricks to Skyrocket Your Affiliate Commissions

- The Problem With Other Link Cloakers... That Most People Still Don't Realise

- Seven Strategies that Will Give You An "Unfair" Advantage Over Other Affiliate Marketers

- How you can use Covert Affiliate with Google Adsense
Covert Affiliate+Google Adsense= Big Profits
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:56 pm

For those of you who don't frequent the ABW
forum, you will want to know what is going on?
There is a new Ad Network starting this week,
looks really good. They will not be allowing
merchants that partner with parasites, and
anyone that is caught overwriting links, they will
not hesitate to take them to court and sue them.
The new network will be called 'True Tracking'.
The best thing to happen to the affiliate
industry in a long time.

You want more particulars, go here:
http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc ... 082055&p=6

About half way down the page, you might have to
register to get access, I'm not sure.

AND, anyone caught auto setting cookies will have their accounts
terminated. It is time to get back to ethical marketing.

Should be going live soon, truetracker.com .
Wayne

Next

Return to Affiliate Marketing