[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Have you ever been rejected from a affiliate program? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Have you ever been rejected from a affiliate program?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Have you ever been rejected from a affiliate program?

Postby mitchelhb333 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:09 pm

Hello I was wondering has anyone ever been rejected from a affiliate program? What did you do or would you do to reapply (if the company was worth trying for). Which affiliate companies are stricter on their applications and how do you make a case to those programs?
mitchelhb333

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:50 pm

Sometimes it helps to contact the Affiliate Manager directly and speak with them about why you want to join their program and what your goals are. For example, I was rejected once for having no site on the topic (and another time for having too new of a site on a topic) and explained to them that I have other successful sites in various niches and that I had the same intentions with their program.

Of course, you should always research all of the options - competing merchants, etc - and then you can mention that you will be working with another company that is offering you xyz and that you would prefer to work with them instead.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby FreelanceMom » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:15 pm

FreelanceMom

Postby jetlady » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:06 am

jetlady

Postby kidino » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:36 pm

Yes ... geographical discrimination ...
kidino
Elite Member

Postby Getagrip » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:11 am

A few Commission Junction advertisers have rejected me...
Getagrip

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:24 pm

I got rejected by Staples through CJ last week :shock:

lol
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JerryShown » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:40 pm

I have never been rejected by an affiliate company but have been booted off commission junction a couple times, dunno what for but I am thinking of giving it another shot in the future.

Jerry S.
JerryShown

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:00 am

It might have been lack of activity. I believe they do that after 60 days of no activity on an account - or something along those lines. You should have received an email with the explanation though...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby charlemont » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Yes, I've been rejected because of country of residence. It's very bad that not all EU countries are looked at as equal by some affiliate programs.
charlemont

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:35 pm

I've never been rejected, but have had accounts rejected due to inactivity on an account.

It makes me laugh, some program managers really have no idea about running affiliate programs.

Sometimes I'll join programs a few months or even a year before I choose to promote it. I've done this and gone on to convert 1 in 6 visitors on some programs.

The question is, would you want to represent an affilaite program who suspends users in this manner?
I know I wouldn't.
AuctionCUT.com

Re: Have you ever been rejected from a affiliate program?

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Chuck_Anthony

Postby theuniek1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 pm

CJ has a bad policy of disabling affiliate accounts for lack of activity and they don't give prior warning - I learned that the hard way a couple years ago LOL. (Lynn, you're right that they should send out an explanation e-mail, but they don't and you can't even sign up again using the same e-mail.)

As for being rejected - yep. I was rejected from iTunes (they didn't give an explanation, but I assume it was because the site I signed up - inadvertently - wasn't related to entertainment in any way, shape, or form.) I will probably re-apply the actual site I wanted to sign up, but it's not a priority right now.

Lynn and Chuck offer some good advice. Contact the affiliate manager, get a feel for it, don't take it personally, and feel free to reapply later when you've corrected any errors.

~ Teli
theuniek1

Postby Getagrip » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:01 am

Some CJ merchants seem to reject me automatically...for no apparent reason.
Getagrip

Postby john925 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:00 pm

john925

Return to Affiliate Marketing