[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 1 Year, Made about $350 • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

1 Year, Made about $350

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby PattyGale » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:45 pm

PattyGale

Postby 83camaro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:07 pm

83camaro

Postby derrickp » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:23 pm

83camaro,

Where do I start :) I registered here at this forum just because of you to reply!

Buddy, you need to believe, believe in yourself, believe in what you are doing.

Proof! What other proof do you need people are making money doing what you are setting up. Remember you are building a business it takes time. Do you open a pizza shop and sell 100 pizzas on your first day? Well you are near Buffalo so you may sell chicken wings too! BTW I am from Tonawanda ;)

Anyways, want my honest opinion? You have yourself spread way to thin.

Start with 5 sites MAX, you cannot work on more than a few at a time.

You don't want to write articles? Why not? They drive traffic! Look at some of this guys articles, he makes A LOT per month from Adsense mostly from article traffic. He started small and built from their, at first he was doing all the work but branched out and now has people write articles for him.

http://www.ezinearticles.com/?expert=Tim_Gorman

Tim is an awesome guy.

Second you need some SEO help :) I suggest you view my free video at seoalchemy.com

Shoot me a PM with any questions you may have or post here and we will answer them for you.

Oh yeah you might want to change web hosts, yours are on SORBS blacklist, Google doesn't like that from my extensive testing.

Derrick
derrickp

Postby PattyGale » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:08 pm

PattyGale

Postby derrickp » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:17 pm

derrickp

Postby 83camaro » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:34 pm

83camaro

Postby 90PercentAttitude » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:50 pm

90PercentAttitude

Postby 83camaro » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:00 am

83camaro

Postby 90PercentAttitude » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:49 am

90PercentAttitude

Postby derrickp » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:20 am

derrickp

Postby quantikev » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:49 pm

quantikev

Postby captain » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:32 pm

captain
Elite Member

Pick something that people are already looking for/

Postby pmaior » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:01 pm

I have not checked out your sites yet, will do that later.
But one thing I thought of while reading all the posts, is that it seems you are picking markets that you think will do well. The best piece of advice I have heard on that subject is to reverse that thought process. Find a product or solution that people are looking for and then provide it.
I know that is easier said then done, but it is worth investigating.

Is one of your interest cars ? Guessing by your user name.

Well here's a topic that may interest you. I was thinking of doing this myself and probably will. And I have no problem sharing it with you , because I believe that the internet is nowhere near saturation.

Alternative fuel products and vehicles. My brother bought an older diesel Mercedes and had it converted to run on vegetable oil.

So I was thinking that I could do something similar and video tape the procedure, and throw up a blog. Convert the video into a product and maybe an ebook. There are lots of things you can add to this to monetize it.

I am currently doing this on my cooking site

No profit yet, still in the building stage and working my full time job, but it is coming along.

I do understand the frustration, but I know there are lots of ways to make money on the internet.

I just mentioned that idea as an example of a new idea, because you said you could not think of any good ones.

You might want to make a list of all your interests, hobbies, things you consider yourself an expert in, What kind of things do people ask you about......

This is how I came up with the cooking site. When I first made my list there was almost nobody doing it the way I am. There are still few sites out there that do it this way, but tons of cooking videos.

I have been involved in internet marketing for about 4 years now and tried lots of techniques as well, but I have never stuck with one project long enough to see it through. That is why I am sticking to this one site and trying to do it all correctly on the one site, so I can duplicate it once it is making money and automated as much as possible.
pmaior

Take a deep breath....

Postby midibidi » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:00 pm

oh, yeah.. exhale. What do you want written for $10? I write a monthly column, but, do you want something specific written? Maybe I can help you out. Maybe you can help me out by becoming a member of my team at ProWealth. Check it out. Anyways. Contact me about the writing.
midibidi

Postby uniquelyyours » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:18 am

Well, I agree you need to start believing in what you can do. Stop the negative talk you can do anything you want if you really want to do it bad enough. You mentioned you like hockey and nascar so write articles on that, so what that it been done already and there are thousands of other site out there.

Write them any way and point them to your site on in the resource box. I am so glad Tim Gorman was mentioned he has a free ebook that is awesome on this very topic. His system is for writing articles is really good.

One comment if you have been targeting keywords/phrases that are only around 100 searches a month I would think you would not get much target because that is to low or am thinking about this wrong. Isn't it key to go for good keywords that are in a certain range like 1000-5000 so that you know there is a market for it. thanks

Michelle
uniquelyyours

PreviousNext

Return to Affiliate Marketing