[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 1 Year, Made about $350 • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

1 Year, Made about $350

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby lifechanges » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:10 am

lifechanges

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:47 am

There is a big misconception that Internet Marketing is a get-rich-quick scheme and it isn't. 5-10 years sure it was a lot easier to make money but now it's tougher. You really have to work a lot. That is why it's best as others have mentioned to market products you're interested in. There is also a difference between ad sense sites and affiliate marketing IMHO. There were folks making thousands of dollars per month who dropped to almost nothing due to algorithm changes. So even if your sites start making money you still need to work at them. If you don't like to put the time into it then this isn't for you.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby tot » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:43 pm

tot
Elite Member

Postby massimo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:27 pm

Good day.

83camaro, wanna know my genuine opinion about you?

=>You got A LOT OF FREE PUBLICITY for your website link. :? <= That's all.
massimo

Postby Greazy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:19 am

Camaro, (which is one of my favorate cars btw)

Sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty, but from the sounds of it, it seems as though you are running in circles and attemtping to do too much at one time. Therefore you are confusing and discouraging yourself.

You said you try to think of ideas for new websites, every day?

Try to pick one of your sites and think of ideas to improve on that one site, until you find your own personal formula that works for you.

Then as another marketer from another forum I am a member of likes to say "Once youve done that , all you gotta do is multiply, Man".

Writing articles...I feel your pain I hate it too. Getting real content is probbibly one of the hardest things about making a good website.

One service I am gettin ready to use is, Mochila. Google it.. check it out, you will see how usefull it can be. They have a plan to use articles they have for free and make a few extra bucks here and there as well.

This I will say to everyone... just be patient ..google what you need, and you will find what you are looking for.

And also, trying to target a niche that really interests you will make the whole learning process much more pleasant and relaxed.

Hope I was of some help at least. I also hope you are still around the forum and will post back to give an update on how you are doing.

Johnathan

ps. "oops, I hadnt realized until just now, how old this thread is. Guess I brought one from the dead" sorry bout that.
Greazy

Wow...what a drag...

Postby JosephRatliff » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:46 am

83 Camaro...

You have expressed what is known as a "self - defeating" prophecy man.

I won't quote everything you have said, nor will I travel down the mentality path, as others have made the point quite clearly that you need to improve your "whoa is me" attitude when it comes to this. Harsh reality? Yes...but reality it is.

You need to just quit hesitating, pick your favorite topic (Nascar could be it)...and run with it. There is a niche within a subject as broad as Nascar that you can make money with. Even if it seems "too crowded", it isn't, you just are not looking hard enough.

You will need to work at this to make money, period. Writing articles...creating a blog...driving traffic using other marketing methods...all take time and effort.

And article marketing is a good, low cost way to gain traffic and establish you as an expert. But I am going to go "against the grain" here...

You need to write the articles yourself.

Why?

Because it will help you research your niche and become an expert in it that no one will be able to compete with. Also, your business is not at the point in my estimation where outsourcing article writing will be effective for you yet.

So S T O P.

Pick your subject, only one subject, and focus on it.

And this subject has to be something you are passionate about, period. Do not make any one site about something you are not passionate about.

That will give you a good start. Become the expert in your subject.

Write articles about it...if you lack the motivation to write them yourself, maybe Internet Marketing is not for you.

Do not skip this step. Write your own stuff. Later on, you will be able to use your own content to make reports and other marketing materials, along with courses you may be able to sell.

But you have to generate your own content.

When you are making the thousands of dollars per day that the "gurus" are making...then you can consider outsourcing.

Until then...

You will invest some time building "momentum"...which will eventually generate the capital to outsource and leverage your efforts, and at that point it will get easier and easier to make a good chunk of money doing this.

Read the articles section of this forum.

Read the posts in this forum that have to do with starting your business.

There is enough material on this forum to give you information and resources, Lynn has done an excellent job putting this valuable resource together.

But more importantly... take action. Now.

:D
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Greazy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:58 am

Greazy

Thank you.

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:22 am

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby john925 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:14 pm

john925

Just a question...

Postby JosephRatliff » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:17 am

John925,

How are you approaching your affiliate business?

Yes...it is highly competitive from a global perspective...but...

You can find niches to operate in still, and focus is an important key with an affiliate business. Not that you may not have it, but now it is important that you fully develop one affiliate business before moving on to the next one.

PM me if you are interested in hearing more.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby john925 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:44 am

john925

Good for you John925!

Postby JosephRatliff » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Good to hear that you are doing well!

This would mean that you are demostrating double digit growth in your affiliate business year to year then (over 10% increase in gross revenue strictly from affiliate revenue) and...

Your business does not depend on you to be there as well... which is also good and...

You are not relying solely on affiliate marketing as you only source of income and you have multiple income sources from other types of business as well.

Good for you John925 :D , not many can say that they have a truely healthy business like that. I like to hear stories of success.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Sherman C. » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 am

Might be easier focusing on 1 site at a time and monetise
it before moving on to the next. Will save much money.

Step #1
Put Links on site.
So many affiliate network sites to choose from.
Info here in this forum.

Step #2
Get Traffic to site.
Info here in this forum.

Step #3
Collect checks. :)

I think...time should be spent on testing and tweaking, rather then
building sites.

Here's a ratio.
70% Driving Traffic, Testing & Tweaking for Conversion
30% Building new sites.

Regarding saturation. Competition will always be there, but if there
is competition, then there is money to be made.
Sherman C.

Previous

Return to Affiliate Marketing