[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Did I get it right? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Did I get it right?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Did I get it right?

Postby bizdev » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:08 pm

My new website is finally up and running (thanks to your tips and tricks!). I have tried to incorporate everything that should go into an income generating site (content, my own ebooks, affiliates, adsense, articles) while providing relevant, useful information for fellow entreprenuers.

Please tell me if I got it right (or not).

I welcome any suggestions and critisism.
Check it out:

http://www.smallbusinessstartup.biz
Small Business Startup & Business Plan Help
info@SmallBusinessStartup.BIZ

Thanks!
Sylvia
bizdev

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:55 pm

I think it looks pretty good :)
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:04 pm

You have a great start here, Sylvia - nice job!

Do you plan to set up an affiliate program for your product(s)? Just curious...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thank you!

Postby bizdev » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:50 pm

Thank you so much Lynn! I was hoping to get your opinion.

As for setting up an affiliate program....I thought about it, but I haven't researched the "how to" enough.

What are your thoughts on that? Probably a no brainer huh?
bizdev

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:47 pm

There are some affiliate links and adsense ads on your website, so you would have to set up a separate sales page for your product if you set up an affiliate program for it. Affiliates dont like distractions on the sales page where they send traffic... so that would be the first thing to consider.

Next, you would want to take that sales copy and run a pay-per-click campaign... to determine how well it converts. This is usually a good time to make minor tweaks and test them out, to get your sales copy converting at the highest possible rate.

Then you could set up your affiliate program. There are various ways to do this - ClickBank, PayDotCom, etc. I think I remember seeing that you had physical products as well as virtual products? If so, that would rule out using ClickBank. There are also affiliate program managers out there other than those two - and networks such as Share-a-Sale, etc.

If you decide to set up an affiliate program, check out the section here at the forum for Affiliate Program Managers. You can get some good information there, and of course post any questions you have along the way.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing