[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New affiliate website, looking for feedback... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New affiliate website, looking for feedback...

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

New affiliate website, looking for feedback...

Postby moneybox » Mon May 15, 2006 5:30 am

I have my first affiliate site up and am using it for a testbed for future projects. Please take a look and leave me your feed back, good or bad.

I have used (loosely) the Super Affiliate Handbook as my guide. I did not see where this sorta post was not permitted, please let me know if it is not.

Link in signature...

Thanks,
Trevor
moneybox

Postby NetDebut » Mon May 15, 2006 8:37 am

Hi, Trevor, technically, you're not in any violations since you are requesting a review and it's not just any ad, so I think this is okay. However, I think it would be more appropriate in the Affiliate Marketing forum in the eBiz Focus Topics category.

Besides that, it looks great for a simple website ready for AdSense revenue. However, if I may suggest, I think for it to be an even more resourceful site is that you provide actual recipes rather than a review of different types of food.

Do you notice that your header and main body is off scale? The main body is slightly larger in width. Just my opinion, of course.
NetDebut

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby moneybox » Mon May 15, 2006 8:34 pm

Thanks for the quick replies!

NetDebut: I plan on having recipes listed as well. I just went live last week and have not gotten everything on it that I wanted to. Glad to hear that someone else thinks that actual recipes would be good.

As for the width issue, I have not noticed. I will check into that. Thanks again.

Lynn: I will be updating the title tag as soon as I get back in front of Dreamweaver.

Of all the premade Adsense color schemes, the one I picked matched the best. To me at least. I will go in and adjust it manually.

You are correct about the large amount of white space. I will try and get that tweaked.

I am planning on giving away a free cookbook for signing up for the newsletter. I will be changing that in Aweber tonight. I just completed it today.

Thanks for all the suggestions, please keep them coming!

Trevor
moneybox

Hope it helps:)

Postby ksruckman » Sun May 21, 2006 7:35 pm

It might be just me

Try to guarantee their privacy in your signup.

I tested this with all my sites/blogs. I do alot better by mentioning "I hate spam" or "Your Privacy is Guaranteed". Could be just me though, but I do know that I want MINE guaranteed when I signup for something.

Also the green Adsense Ad sticks out like a sore thumb. If it isn't really "hittin" for you try taking the green out of it. Leave the blue url and the text black without a border. See if you do any better.

I have a Caribbean recipes blog that I run using these tactics, this is the best scenario I have gotten. Maybe instead of the button ad in the sidebar, you could try a halfbanner with 2 ads at the top, looks like it would fit nicely there.

Try it out for a few days and see how it goes. Very nice looking site all-around though. Hope it performs well for you.
ksruckman

Return to Affiliate Marketing