[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - $50 per month for your time/skills • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

$50 per month for your time/skills

Want to team up with other professionals for content exchanges or product development? Join us here to discuss Joint Ventures, networking and co-promotion topics.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

$50 per month for your time/skills

Postby Gerry » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:29 pm

Here's the deal!

I am working in my limited spare time to help a wonderful local effort in a desperately poor part of India. The Shantidhara Social Service Society accommodates and educates children from a background of severe poverty, and works to educate and empower women in communities where their potential to be leaders in local economic and child development is great but their status and means are very low.

I maintain a blog and produce an e-newsletter. There is also a website. However, I don't have the skills - nor the time to learn and implement them - to grow and maximize traffic (and particularly relevant traffic) to the blog and site, nor to develop a good list of recipients for the newsletter.

Shantidhara is a very small, local NGO. It gets none of the support you might expect from the big agencies such as UNICEF etc. At the last count there are only three people supporting it - a NASA scientist and humanitarian, a Spanish businesswoman, and me - I work in marketing for a bank in Ireland!

In addition to my direct donations, I've decided to make another $50 per month available to try to maximize online exposure/publicity for Shantidhara (I know it's small, but the greater part of my contribution is needed to meet urgent and immediate needs). Longer term, I'm hoping that by spreading the word about Shantidhara as widely as possible, more donors may be found.

So I need:

1. Someone who wouldn't mind supplementing their online income by $50 per month in return for a bit of work.
2. Is probably a WAH, practical, and successfully running/promoting his/her own commercial sites
3. Understands all about effective keyword research, SEO, list building techniques and in fact everything to do with building a large audience over time for a website, blog or newsletter!
4. Could put in a few hours a month. Obviously at least a few hours a month would be necessary to make any headway, and equally obviously, to get a few hours a month for $50 means asking someone to put in time at a much lower hourly rate than they might normally command! Therefore...
5. Has a humanitarian desire to add his/her drop to the ocean, to help alleviate dire suffering on the part of some of the least priveleged of our fellow human beings - by lending your skills for a few hours a month (how many? make me an offer!) at a special rate!

Please write to me privately if you are interested. Let me know something about your skills/experience in promotion/publicity online, and what you could do to help me. My e-mail is gerrymanning AT iol.ie

First, have a look at the blog, the site and the newsletter to get a better feel for what this is all about! Thanks for reading.

BLOG: http://shantidhara.blogspot.com/
SITE: www.shantidhara.org
NEWSLETTER: http://www.enewslettersonline.com/enews ... /3023.html
Gerry

I can maybe do some

Postby computerincome » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:05 pm

Hi Gerry!

Not sure I can give you all you ask for but I work from home full time and could certainly help with promotion to some extent. I'll email you in a minute but briefly I could link to your blog from mine and also advertise the ezine in my ezine.

What I could with regard to the website would depend on whether I could access to the coding etc and hosting.

But I could certainly help with search engine submission, submitting your blog to blog directories and tryng to help you build your subscriber base.

Rachel
computerincome

Postby Gerry » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:06 pm

Thanks Rachel, I've replied to your e-mail!
Gerry
Gerry

not got an email

Postby computerincome » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Sorry Gerry but can you resend as not got any email
Rachel
computerincome

Return to Networking, Joint Ventures & Co-Promotion