[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Who here uses Ryze/Friendster/Orkutz/Match.com? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Who here uses Ryze/Friendster/Orkutz/Match.com?

Want to team up with other professionals for content exchanges or product development? Join us here to discuss Joint Ventures, networking and co-promotion topics.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby DesigningLife » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:49 am

I'm also a member of Ryze but I must be missing something. Lots of complete strangers want to add me as a friend (I'm not sure why since that ends up being the extent of contact which takes place afterward -unless they are trying to enlist me in their businesses which I'm not interested in anyway). :(

I have not experienced any benefit to my business and I think it's because members already have their niche carved out - they're all just like me...trying to find customers and additional associates - not additional business owners.

For idea exchange it can be beneficial I suppose. I only use the free version and do not have much time for it - so I'm sure it's just that I'm missing the whole concept somehow. :)
DesigningLife

Postby sugarrae » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:51 am

"they're all just like me...trying to find customers and additional associates - not additional business owners."

"so I'm sure it's just that I'm missing the whole concept somehow."

Finding customers is definately NOT something you want to aim to do with networking. Lots of people network wrong, thus why tons of people who don't know you are adding you to their list.

Networking - whether it be at Ryze, message boards, etc is not about building your business - it is about building contacts and relationships. There are numerous ways that friendships forged can be useful - too many to list.

Most of my closest business associates came through networking - and none have ever been a "customer" of mine - but they have helped me grow my business in more ways than I can count.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby DesigningLife » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:02 am

Thank you Rae,

I guess I will have to share this insight with some of those trying to enlist me as well, LOL.

Sheesh, I have a lot to learn - I think I will stop posting for a while and just read. :)
DesigningLife

Postby mfarmerhi » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:07 pm

mfarmerhi

Postby mfarmerhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:20 am

mfarmerhi

Postby nygenesi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:51 pm

Hi All . Wow I feel like I was living on the other side of the net . I never even heard of Ryze. I have used Monster Networking for about a month . It is not really bad , but it is not there yet ( and you have to pay for it ) . I am kind of glad I left corporate America and will be helping small and mid size businesses. I am especially happy to find this great forum and learn so much .

Special Thanks goes out to Lynn .

p.s. Is it me or just everyone you deal with in Corporate are suck pr*$s and here everyone just seems nice .

Gene
nygenesi

Hey everyone... here's some insight...

Postby lifechanges » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:23 pm

lifechanges

Previous

Return to Networking, Joint Ventures & Co-Promotion