[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Who here uses Ryze/Friendster/Orkutz/Match.com? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Who here uses Ryze/Friendster/Orkutz/Match.com?

Want to team up with other professionals for content exchanges or product development? Join us here to discuss Joint Ventures, networking and co-promotion topics.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Who here uses Ryze/Friendster/Orkutz/Match.com?

Postby mfarmerhi » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:46 am

I interested in hearing how many people here use social-networking sites like Ryze, Freindster, Orkutz, etc.

How valuable do you find them? What do you use them for? Have you ever actually received any tangible benefit from using one?

I'm also curious which might be the best to join - which offers the best tools or what tools would be the best to have.

Thanks ahead of time!

Mark
mfarmerhi

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:23 am

Hello Mark & Welcome :D

I imagine you'll get an overwhelming vote for Ryze.com - if you type Ryze into the search box here at the Forum, you'll find we've discussed it quite a bit over the last year.

Personally, I find it the best place on the net to make new contacts - whether they be clients, merchants, potential partners... or just friends. One of the best features is the ability to add a very detailed and personalized Profile - this allows you to really express yourself, say "who you are and what you do" with no restrictions, and so it also allows you to get a very good impression of each of the people that you meet as well.

In addition, their Networks, and the way that they rate them (most active and most members) gives you a clear idea of the type of people that are active on Ryze, and plenty of opportunity to join interest-specific or location-specific discussions.

Not only are they an international online business networking site - and the best, in my opinion - but they also have OFFline events and networking opportunities... There is tons of potential for the person that takes the initiative to set up their own Network on Ryze!

Personally, I've found it to be the single most responsive group of people online...
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby mfarmerhi » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:35 pm

mfarmerhi

Postby WAHumor » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:00 am

Personally, I like the fact that you can find and reach so many people quickly and easily!

You can contact them from their links in the New Members list in the networks you join, through Friends of Friends, and by entering a keyword phrase into the Pivot function (only available to paying members) to receive a list of all members connected to it.

It may be a specific company or interest...whatever you want!!

I've been invited to join Ecademy and Linkedin, but I haven't found them to be as user-friendly.

My advice about Friendster? Don't even bother!! That place is full of very scary people...
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Chrissie » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:28 pm

I like Ryze :D Not too familiar with any of the other networking groups..

I have met quite a few contacts and there is so much information that I still haven't even gotten too.
In general I just love talking to people and exchanging marketing ideas etc. I also having a network of people to refer when someone is asking for a particular product and/or service.
Chrissie

Postby scott » Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:16 pm

scott

Postby Sharon & Roy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:58 pm

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby scott » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:33 pm

scott

Postby Andre Chaperon » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:27 am

Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:11 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:24 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Sharon & Roy » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:59 pm

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:50 am

Wow...that must be one of THE quickest job application processes ever!!

Do I owe you guys a kickback or something??

For that matter, why mention a particular group at all in the title? How about Connecting People Magazine or, although slightly corny but memorable, Connex Magazine?

I must agree that Ryze is certainly the most user-friendly of those I've encountered. I've been invited to (and have) joined Ecademy and Linkedin
and am unimpressed.

Well, I'm off to set up my Executive Editor's office...

Say, will the cub reporters call me "Chief"??
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby sugarrae » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:57 am

I am a member of Ryze and most recently Orkut. Personally, I don't like the fact that Ryze makes you pay for an advanced search feature, but then again, I am not heavily involved there so maybe that's why I would resent paying to search ;).

Orkut has definately been interesting thus far. I think it has a better set up than Ryze - more easily navigated. More features I personally like. But, that's me. ;) You also can't create a "sales letter" home page with Orkut like you can with Ryze - it is more about relationships and community.

As for how I utilize them, it basically it a way to make networking connections. But, as with local groups, like the Chamber of Commerce, if you don't get involved, you won't benefit as much. I am going to try and stay a little more involved at Orkut than I am with Ryze. Which reminds me, my Ryze page probably really needs an update.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Melknight » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:45 am

Melknight

Next

Return to Networking, Joint Ventures & Co-Promotion