[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why Ebooks Might Do You More Harm Than Good... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why Ebooks Might Do You More Harm Than Good...

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Why Ebooks Might Do You More Harm Than Good...

Postby JosephRatliff » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Our brains are a wonderful creation.

We do not understand the full power, capacity, or imagination capable of the gray matter in between our ears.

And when it comes to affiliate marketing, and the business you should be creating around it (you are creating a business and not chasing money right?)…the brain is our most powerful ally.

In fact, you probably already know everything you need to start an effective affiliate marketing business as you read this. Many won’t believe this as they read this post…but it’s true.

If you were to sum up all of the knowledge and experience you have gained over your lifetime (even if you’re young)…and then added in the latest “secrets” ebook…you’re only ever going to use about 5 - 10% of all of that knowledge to start being successful.

It isn’t the knowledge you gain, it’s the action you take that makes you successful…Period.

So why would most ebooks be doing you more harm than good?

Because almost every ebook or course you read limits your thinking in some way.

Think about this for a second, really put some thought into it.

It’s not that ebooks and courses don’t contain good information, it’s that the author is only presenting that information in one way, from one point of view (in 99% of the cases, there are exceptions).

Only considering that one point of view limits your creativity to taking action on only that one point of view…and nothing else.

Here’s an example from my online affiliate marketing business (yep, I run an offline affiliate marketing business too)…

I used to market with PPC, articles, and blogs and the like from online review sites. Everything I did to market my affiliate offers was online.

Until about 18 months ago.

I got curious…and thought to myself (the best kind of thinking, as long as you don’t answer yourself )…

“What if I ran a classified ad in a newspaper, with a call to action leading to my reviews site?”

And my brain answered myself (oops, that must mean I was insane).

“Try it Joe.”

It worked. So I expanded on the idea and let my creativity take control…failed…succeeded…and ended up formulating the business plan that does well for me today.

What ebook or course has taught you to use offline marketing methods to market online review sites? Not many.

Just try stuff.
Fail numerous times.
Do what others won’t do.
Don’t be afraid to break out of your shell and grow your business.

You’ve heard variations of these phrases from successful people already, if you haven’t, you’ve heard them now. That’s golden business advice…better than any ebook or course can provide (unless they provide it).

The following quote sums it all up…

The only limitations to the mind are those we acknowledge. Both richness and poorness are the offspring of conscious thought.
–Napoleon Hill from “Think and Grow Rich”

Ebooks and courses have their place in the learning process, but can also help you acknowledge a limitation to your mind.

Don’t let them.

Education is important, but action is what brings home the bacon every time…period.
–Joseph Ratliff from

What action are you going to take right now that’s big and bold?
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles