This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Article I just submitted to Ezine Articles

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Article I just submitted to Ezine Articles

Postby nar321 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Article deals with a novel way(in my opinion) to create a portable Local Server
Stands for Modular Web Mobile Services. If you ever wanted a portable Local web Server this is it.

You can download a copy from: http://www.chsoftware.net/en/useware/mowes/mowes.htm/ . Please note that it doesn't

end up installed on your hard drive, but rather is extracted to and runs from a USB stick. Do the install only when

you have ample time for it and don't get excited if and when nothing seems to be happening.

The end result will be a Local Server which will inculde Joomla, Drupal, WordPress and 1024(supposedly also a Cms

which requires some messing with to get working). The only other tricky part will probably be getting it to execute

properly. Supposedly if you create a Notepad file with the info given to you as part of the install it will then

execute. So far for me this hasn't been true. It takes me 3 or 4 steps to get it to open a browser and give me

access to the 4 possibilities.

I have already added several themes by copying and pasting them in the Themes folder for Wordpress. This is done

via the usual command line while inside the Mowes www/wp-content/themes area. If you don't understand what I just

wrote have someone explain what a command line is and go from there. I haven't tried the same procedure yet with

plugins, but see no reason whey ir shouldn't work.

It's not perfect. but then neither is WAMP or XAMPP . In fact trying to upgrade WAMP is why I'm now using MOWeS as

my attempt to go from a F to the latest WAMP version which is a G caused all kinds of errors which I could never

solve in spite of Google searches, lurks at various and sundry Forum. Got tired of trying to find either a WAMP or

XAMPP solution and came across WMOS. NOTE: In order to submit I had to move the hyperlink to the end of the article. Welcome any and all comments :D
This article is copyrighted by Robert Nelson and is currently in submission to Ezine Articles for exposure to any and all interested. You are free to republish, etc under the usual GPL License as long as I am given credit and it is left intact. It has also been published on my blog:http://robertnelsononline.com
Last edited by nar321 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:18 pm

I don't understand the information, but, I do appreciate your sharing it with everyone! Hmm...I may move it later to a different category, though. I will let you know if I do. :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Fine with me as far as any moves. Local is one of several ways to publish a site main advantage is no FTP'ing and no one expect the person who sets it up ever sees it.

Other ways include getting a web host, getting a dedicated server with a web host and if your ISP allows it hosting a server that goes out on the Internet but resides on your own PC. A local setup if set up the normal way can't get on the Internet and and in point of fact quite a few things need changing before the Local site could be on the Internet
nar321
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:11 am

Sweet! Love this!
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:32 am

Ok, though I'm completely lost - someone might really want to republish this - so add a resource box at the bottom. (That link can stay at the top - no problem with that here.) ;)

I'm gonna send it over to articles!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Lisa, what is a resource box? The article is mine and was posted to Ezine articles as my first attempt to write an article. Don't quite understand why the double spacing between lines after copying and pasting it as the original draft(copy,etc) didn't have double spacing.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:02 pm

The resource box is a mini-bio about you. You can give a tiny bit of info. about yourself and include one or two links back to your site(s). That way when people publish it on their own sites, and they are required to keep the resource box intact, you will get links back to your site.

If you look around a bit on EzineArticles you will see examples of them and that might help you to put your own together.

And I would definitely suggest that you do so with your article on EzineArticles - as that has much greater reach - meaning, your article could be republished quite a bit. You don't want to miss that chance for quality backlinks. They are quality backlinks, because, in the article you've demonstrated your expertise. So it's not like just buying some random links on some site's sidebar.
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:06 pm

lisamariemary wrote:Ok, though I'm completely lost - someone might really want to republish this - so add a resource box at the bottom. (That link can stay at the top - no problem with that here.) ;)

I'm gonna send it over to articles!

Lisa think of Local as being your own Web Host with two differences no fees and it won't normally be available on the Internet, hence no need to FTP. It is different from having your own Server.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:47 pm

lisamariemary wrote:The resource box is a mini-bio about you. You can give a tiny bit of info. about yourself and include one or two links back to your site(s). That way when people publish it on their own sites, and they are required to keep the resource box intact, you will get links back to your site.

If you look around a bit on EzineArticles you will see examples of them and that might help you to put your own together.

And I would definitely suggest that you do so with your article on EzineArticles - as that has much greater reach - meaning, your article could be republished quite a bit. You don't want to miss that chance for quality backlinks. They are quality backlinks, because, in the article you've demonstrated your expertise. So it's not like just buying some random links on some site's sidebar.

Thanks for the info and will go do that right now
nar321
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 pm

You're welcome! :)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Little to focused, the resource box at Ezine Articles was right at the end of the article (just where it was when I posted the article).
nar321
Elite Member

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles