[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Data Entry Jobs-Hard Lessons Learned • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Data Entry Jobs-Hard Lessons Learned

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby tam2005 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:41 pm

By Tammy Embrich

I eagerly started searching for a supplemental income around 1999. I was looking for any kind of job that I could do at home. I vividly remember the excitement I felt when I saw the headlines...

Data Entry Jobs-Easy Work From Home
Data Entry-Make $500 Per Day!

Well, of course...these spammy ads captured my attention and got my heart racing. I'm sorry to say, and a little ashamed, that I definitely was a fallen victim of...well, let's just say more than one of them. Yes, it's true! Haven't we all been scammed a time or two?

I DID make just enough money to keep myself hooked and placing those scam ads wherever I could find to place them. See...this is where these scammers get you. They call it "Typing At Home" or "Clerical Positions" and yes, among these tempting phrases, you will also find the ever-so-popular "Data Entry" title.

They give you (simple instructions) of examples of where to place the ads, along with the ads themselves to recruit more people to join in and do the same thing: Place ads to get more victims to join...and with a hefty fee. You don't get paid for the ads placed, you only get paid if someone joins under your affiliate link.

Do you see where this is going?

Nowhere!

These are just glorified, scam affiliate programs with a fancy title attached to them. These scammers hook you and run with your money.

These types of scam opportunities never last long and a ton of them have been shut down by the FTC-Federal Trade Commision, ftc.gov/

So, if you are a member in the crowd that is desperately searching for a position online...you need to be informed of these scams that liberally surround you on the net, and to steer clear of them.

Don't get me wrong, there ARE a few legitimate Data Entry and Clerical positions available online. You just need to know where to look for them. If you're not careful, (and I don't think I need to remind you of this), you could lose a considerable amount of cash. Unfortunately, I personally know of a few that have. This is where the big lessons learned comes in. It took me a couple of times...but I did eventually learn my lesson, and a whole lot of other important things as well through my online job search.

* Legitimate work at home companies will require you to have some type of skills.
* They will require a resume from you
* They will most likely have a working phone number and email address where they can be contacted
* They will not require start up or registration fees

Below are five legitimate sites to get you started with Data Entry...

Axiondata.com/
Diondatasolutions.net/
Workingsol.com/ -- some data entry projects available as well as agent positions
Keyforcash.com - there is usually a waiting list
Palmcoastdata.com/

Article Written By: Tammy Embrich

Tammy owns and operates two work at home websites, a work at home forum, a recipe site, and three blogs.

She offers free work at home job leads for the job seeker, business work at home articles, tips, and more. You can visit Tammy at and .
tam2005

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles