[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Time Management Tips To Keep You Focused On Your Online Home • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Time Management Tips To Keep You Focused On Your Online Home

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Time Management Tips To Keep You Focused On Your Online Home

Postby Dustie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 am

Time Management Tips To Keep You Focused On Your Online Home Business

Time is something we can never get back, so we need to optimize our use of it. Here we look at ways you can do just that so that you can achieve more with your online home business.

Time management is important in order to make the best use of the few hours you have available if you are running your online home business part-time or to make sure you don't waste the many hours that you do have available to build your home business if you are working full-time online.

It will pay off to learn how to use time wisely and to your advantage as it is not something you can get back and so is very precious. Running an online home business involves many different tasks and there are also many distractions on the internet, so time management skills will help you to make the best use of the hours you have available.

Let's have a look at some key time management areas that you, as an online business owner, should be focusing on.

Firstly and most importantly before you can even begin thinking about time management you need to know why you are running a home business online or even thinking of starting one. What is your main goal? What is the biggest motivating factor that is going to drive you to work on your home business every day? What is going to spur you on through thick and thin, challenges, disappointments and set-backs? What is going to ensure that you never ever quit?

From my own personal point of view I hated working for a boss and wanted desperately to quit the corporate world. That is what drove me to work on my online home business at every opportunity I had. My biggest motivating factor now, having achieved that goal, is to ensure that I never have to go back to a job or work for a boss again.

Only once you have determined what your "why" is will you be able to move on to setting short and medium-term goals to enable you to achieve your ultimate goal i.e. your "why".

Your goals should be set out in a logical format with daily stepping stones for your short-term goals which will enable you to achieve your medium-term goals which will keep you focused on achieving your ultimate goal. It is important to set realistic and achievable goals as well as check your progress on a daily basis to ensure you are utilizing your time effectively. Spend some time brainstorming and putting your goals down on paper and review them monthly.

Having determined what your goals are, you then need to know what you need to do every day in order to achieve them and you can do this by creating "To-Do Lists". These lists will help keep you stay focused on what you need to do to build your online home business. Your first To-Do List should be your daily one and tick off each task once you have completed it.

It is important to prioritize your tasks namely: important and urgent. Some tasks may be important but not urgent. Also if you are a procrastinator, what helped me was making sure that I did the tasks I was putting off first then I knew they were out of the way and I found myself becoming far more productive.

A second To-Do List that you need to create is for those tasks that need to be done on a weekly basis. For larger projects that take more time, but are not particularly urgent, start a third To-Do List to ensure that you do not forget them.

Aim to do the urgent tasks, which may well not be business building tasks, as quickly as possible enabling you to then concentrate on the important tasks.

If you are part-time you may well find that you just do not have enough time to do all that you need to do in order to achieve your daily goals. Delegation or outsourcing is a vital part of time-management and so you need to make a list of what tasks you could outsource. This will save you a huge amount of time and enable you to concentrate on other productive tasks.

As an online home business owner you could consider outsourcing such tasks as the writing and distribution of articles, website design, submitting your site to the web directories, blogging, etc.

If you already run your online home business full-time it is still important to set goals and make "To-Do Lists" as it is so easy to get distracted and waste time working in your own home environment.

If you get into the habit of adopting these time management skills you will find that you will be able to earn an online income and ultimately achieve your online home business goals quicker.

About the Author:
Cynthia Minnaar runs her own from home full-time. She invites you to subscribe to her Online Business Ideas newsletter and receive free .
Dustie

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles