[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Use LinkedIn.com To Get More Traffic to Your Website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Use LinkedIn.com To Get More Traffic to Your Website

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to Use LinkedIn.com To Get More Traffic to Your Website

Postby iyazam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:02 am

A little over a year ago I created a profile with LinkedIn.com. I never really took it seriously I would mainly play around with it every once in a while.

However lately I have been seeing a growth in traffic to my website coming from the LinkedIn crowd and why is that?

A few days ago after I launched this site – I figured why not, I’ll change my LinkedIn profile as well.

Here are two simple things that I did

1] Where it says to edit your professional “headline” under your name I put instead of “internet entrepreneur” – “iyazam.com founder and developer”. That immediately catches people’s eye. So let’s say someone is browsing through profiles and they see it – they will check out what is iyazam.com.

2] The next tool is something similar to Yahoo answers – it’s called:

- this is another opportunity for you to show off your expertise and knowledge. You can ask questions or answer other questions and the beauty of it is - it’s unlimited. Every time you ask a question – your professional profile headline is there and every time you answer a question you have the option of inserting a link that’s related to the answer. Let’s say you just posted something about business management on your blog or website – you can now answer questions on LinkedIn and refer the viewer at the end of your answer to your article on your blog or website.

Keep in mind - that the only way people will take you seriously is by answering the questions with high quality answers and not just an empty post with a link to your site. The same goes with asking questions. You want to ask questions that other LinkedIn users will benefit from the answers.

Keep in mind - that LinkedIn is a professional networking site, its all about building professional relationships. As you build your credibility with the Q&A section you will find that your professional network of connections will grow as well.
iyazam

Postby karynsolo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:03 am

I just signed up for LinkdIn, am exploring it this week to see what I can do with it. Looks exciting though, cannot wait to dig in a little deeper with it.
karynsolo

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles