[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Drive Traffic to Your Site in 24hrs • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Drive Traffic to Your Site in 24hrs

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Drive Traffic to Your Site in 24hrs

Postby opio » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:33 am

Let’s face it building traffic is a daunting task and although there are so many ways to go about building traffic to your site, and even ugly sites need love too (). I digressed, I have to admit, like some bloggers, StumbleUpon and Digg have been my biggest traffic generators while overnight forcing my site to go offline in the past. The problem has been corrected. It’s sickening honestly, I have no clue what happens when i turn away from my computer all i know is that in the morning, bright and early, i have to check my hosting stats.

I guess you can call this part duex of an article that i posted a few weeks ago (). I should probably expand on this. First and foremost, always be prepared for a traffic spike. You will save money with hosting and time not having to worry about whether or not your host provider is up on their job. In most cases your site will be offline for a half day to three days if you wait on your hosting provider. So be prepared.

Now there are so many ways to drive traffic to your blog or website without much effort. As mentioned Stumble, Digg, Article submissions are all effective methods of driving traffic to your site. Here is another list of possible traffic generators:

1. Guest blog for other blog sites.

This is an effective way to broaden your readership. In fact, i recommend this method of driving traffic to your site because it is in fact safe and a good way to get your name and website out there. Not to mention the potential to build your site authority and raise your Google and Alexa page rank.

However, be prepared for the audience to come. What is worse than winning a raffle and not being their to claim your prize? Winning the lottery and not answering the door. Well, the same goes here.

Imagine doing a guest post for a site that gets ton of publicity daily and not only that, now your blog site is reaping the benefits and getting a taste of the traffic but you don’t have one authority or anchor article on your site to wheel your visitors in, just random ramblings of dinner, girls, boys, toenails… i think you get the idea.

Be prepared, add authority to your site before venturing out to guest post on other blogs. Make their readers want to come back and check up on you. Talk about some random topics that fit your blog site and others, keep a wide range of artillery for the cavalry. You’ll never see them coming so always be prepared.

2. Join The Masses

Read other blogs daily and find out what they are talking about. This is another good way to cypher traffic from other blog sites. If you have a decent page rank and know how to utilize SEO very well, then there is a possibility that you can claim a high listing in the Search Engines for a specific term or phrase. The International House of Pancakes is planning on buying Applebees, if this was a topic discussed and beaten to death in the blogosphere why not write about it in attempts to cypher traffic from other blog sites.

Of course there are also a few black hat methods that will further help boost your posts rankings, I’m not a black hatter though but there is a ton of info out there. Although I’m not saying that i wholeheartedly support black hat methods, such methods are considered to be spam in the eyes of most bloggers and search engines. Keep in mind though, there are some sites you just will not be able to trump in the Search Engines, well read on…

3. If you Can’t Beat’em, Leave Quality Comments

Leaving quality comments on other blogs will do three things that can help your blog site.

1. Get your comment approved and a possible high PR link back to your blog site. With all the spam out there most bloggers approve each and every comment that visitors leave, or Akismet catches them and marks them as spam. What about no-follow? What about it? Most bloggers are beginning to educate themselves on the ‘no-follow’ attribute and although not all will make the change from no-follow to saying no to no-follow doesn’t mean that they don’t support it but that they are probably just not ready, i-follow with terms.
2. Gain the interest of the site’s regulars and ‘ghost’ visitors. I use ‘ghost visitors’ to describe the people that frequent the site but have yet to leave a comment of their own. This would be ideal for your blog site as you already know that certain readers, if engaged, will become active within your blog community. Hell, they might even be kind enough to show some link love or write a brief review about your site.
3. You may get some link love or advice from the blogger themselves. This would surely help your blog site generate future traffic and readers. Never underestimate the power of a mentor or the power of advice.

4. Write Interesting Posts Write Interesting Headliners

I recently had one of my blog articles listed and linked to from a Wall Street Journal Blog, and the Alexa rating jumped significantly from 4,867,000 to 1,000,000. Wow! Yeah that was what went through my head when i realized where the bulk of my traffic increase was coming from. Imagine that, yet again i wasn’t ready. I had just set everything up and had yet to set up an analytical program, so Google Analytics, the quickest solution was added but i still believe i missed the majority or the gold rush.

The point being is to always be prepared, and write good titles. Get as creative as possible without offending your audience. You never know who will pick you up and give your site a boost. A WSJ Blog… Hey look at that… I guess i do have intelligent things to say… Creative headlines will also help with setting with your site high up in the SERPs.

5. Join the Masses, pt. II

Join social bookmarking sites and communities such as Blog Catalog, MyBlogLog, and others. This will help drive traffic to your site and possible subscribers. It is important to not spam your communities but to keep them informed from time to time. Make sure that you answer every email and communicate with other bloggers in and ouside of our niche. Everyone says to go after the blogs that are within your niche.

I am not against this but it’s a safe way to attract readership and boring. Remember to think outside of the box, who is to say that a frequent reader of a rhetoric blog is not going to fit into your reader base? The fact of the matter is, a reader is a reader and they come and go, some even stay and become subscribers and then tell their friends or link back to a post that they enjoyed. See where I’m going with this? Expand your horizon and expand your reader base. Staying within one niche limits the possibilities of your success.

6. Contests

Run a contest… I really don’t think i can expand on this too much because it is just that simple… A contest has worked wonders for some blog sites, in fact there are so many blog contests that go live everyday, you can solely create a blog that just publishes and promotes other blogger’s contests.

7. Wear Your Blog Site or Get Attractive People To Do So

Maybe you are very attractive, but if i have a blog site about electronics and computers I’m putting my blog gear on attractive beautiful women with good features. Let’s face it… Women love electronics and computers too, but your general reader demographic will be men. *** sells EVERYTHING! Ever hear of ***** Pizza?

Make t-shirts with funny slogans including your blog name and or logo on the shirt where people can see it. If it’s a baby t-shirt for women place your blog site name on places that are noticeable. I have tried this method and it is a sure conversational starter, which is all you need in order to get your blog site pumped into someone’s head. Think, if you are a guy and you see a beautiful woman in passing wearing a shirt that says “[Insert Slogan Here - Something Sexy to Arouse Attention]” on the front and on the back “[Insert Closing Slogan]” with the domain “TheBeefJerkyBlog.com” on the back of the shirt in big white letters on her lower back.

Have you ever seen “Glen Gary Glen Ross?” Then you should be familiar with the phrase, “ABC - A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing.” That goes for your t-shirts, flyers, ect. Always be closing, every conversation, every meeting, every interaction. Being a male myself the mind is funny. You’re going to think about the model and use the domain name and or slogan to relate to the experience. Now I’ve captured a visitor, a possible reader, and or subscriber. Set up an anchor article somewhere on the front page and there you have it, “ABC,” the wheels are set in motion for your site to always be closing.

Ok, time for some clarity… Not all of these methods will force your blog site to go offline, but they will build traffic, subscribers and your reader base. I don’t want to bore you to death but there are so many sites that outline the same general content and methods of building traffic to your site, I really did not want to re-outline these methods but mention the methods that have worked for me specifically. If monetized correctly you can make more money online from your newly generated traffic. This is good… Oh and proof read your work…

---
Opio -
opio

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles