[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ever Had That "Pulling" Feeling? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ever Had That "Pulling" Feeling?

Submit your articles here! All articles in this category may be reprinted - please read the "Guidelines" post first...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Ever Had That "Pulling" Feeling?

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:37 pm

Have You Ever Had That "Pulling" Feeling?
By Joseph Ratliff

You know...

That feeling you get when you get ready to take on something big, try something new and exciting, start another business etc...

You get this tight feeling in your arms and chest, your breathing seems to be more rapid, and various thoughts of "Can I really do this?" start swimming in your mind.

This feeling seems to be pulling you back. Back to where everything is comfortable.

Is this a bad feeling to have?

Nope.

This feeling comes from the fear of the "unknown." And it is actually a good feeling to have.

Here is personal example from my own "pulling feelings":

Back in my last days of working in the retail field...I was thinking to myself...

"Self, can I really start educating business owners on how to market their businesses? I mean, I am nobody when it comes to being recognized as an authority in marketing, my credibility is close to zero with few clients yet, and what happens if the money runs out? How do I support my family?"

Man...I am thankful for that "pulling" feeling. I am thankful because that feeling made me sit down and create what I had created for a couple of business owners already...

A Strategic Marketing Plan. I figured out that day what I would do for the next 6 months to generate a steady stream of clients. Then, I mapped out a three year and five year plan to expand the business I started in my mind already.

Boy did that feel good. And you know what happened to that "pulling" feeling?

It went away. It has yet to come back.

I am a little past the other end of that five year marketing plan now (I started marketing consulting locally in 2001). My business and family life is so fulfilling...I cannot even explain it to you. And it all came from that one moment. Can you create your own?

So what is the lesson here?

Well, this lesson is in two parts:

1) Get out of your comfort zone, often, repeatedly, and stay out of it. This is huge. If things are going as planned in your business...get out of your comfort zone and try new things. Otherwise, your business will get stale...and your results will start to match.

2) Set aside time to work on your business, instead of in your business. Until you master this...all you have is a self-employed job. And you do know what "JOB" stands for, don't you... Just Over Broke.

The more you go after that "pulling" feeling...the more success you can have.

Are you looking for the easy way to simply hand the task of marketing your business off to a trusted professional that believes in over delivering? It all starts with a Marketing Opportunity Analysis designed to uncover your hidden marketing assets, starting the process of increasing sales by over 25% guaranteed. Visit today for more details.

Joseph Ratliff is a Marketing Consultant, Copywriter, and Professional Speaker.

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Return to Online Business & Marketing Articles