[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - True AdSense Revenue Success Story • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

True AdSense Revenue Success Story

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

True AdSense Revenue Success Story

Postby Gerardas Norkus » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:07 am

Hi,

I can tell you how I nearly dumped one of my sites that currently earns me good AdSense revenue.

2 years ago I signed up with Ken Evoy's Site Build It (SBI) and started creating a web site related to music lyrics. Ken advises to build a site about your hobby, what you love to do, etc.

Well, soon I realized that I was not targeting a niche but my site covered nearly all music styles and artists... I created maybe 20 or 30 pages and started with something else.

After few months I decided that this site won't work and I want to start another site with SBI. Luckily, I saved all music lyrics files to my computer and transfered the site to my own web host, where I host all my other sites. And I forgot about the web site...

About three months ago I checked traffic statistics of all of my web sites. I noticed that my music lyrics site was often searched by all major search engines. I had 468x60 AdSense banners on the site and I was making ~$3 per day.

So, I decided to change the AdSense format and colors and do a little testing and tracking...

I am so glad I noticed that my site was receiving free traffic from search engines and I decided to test different AdSense banners...

Soon I was making $5, $10, $20 per day. I started adding more content and my revenue still increases!

As you can see it is very important to finish what you have started before you can say that it's impossible to make money online... I am very motivated to work on the Internet now and grow my business!

Good luck!
Gerardas Norkus

Postby flyer727 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:49 pm

Have you ever gotten any hassle about the lyrics?

I know some lyrics sites have been shut down, since publishing lyrics without permission is a copyright violation.

(I am not trying to insult you- I think lyrics sites are very useful for music fans, but the music companies don't agree with me.)
flyer727

Postby Gerardas Norkus » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:54 pm

No problems so far, I have a disclaimer to use the lyrics only for educational purposes. However, I understand that I may be requested to remove the lyrics anytime, although hundreds of other sites do the same.
Gerardas Norkus

Postby karadawn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:44 pm

I was thinking the same thing, because at one point in time I thought about a music related site. I didn't do it because I know there's legal problems involved, which to me is just plain silly. You are obviously giving the author credit for the lyrics. It's not like someone is going to take them for their own use. :roll: I know I search for lyrics all the time because I want to know what's being said - not because I'm going to steal them to make my own song. :?
karadawn

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement