[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Feeling inspired.... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Feeling inspired....

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Feeling inspired....

Postby midwestmedia » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I don't post very often, but I read the forum almost every day. This forum is a wonderfully supportive place, and seems very friendly to people who want to share their experiences and achievements.

In the past few weeks, I've really made some changes that have been largely inspired by what I have read here. Between Lynn's inspiring blog and the posts of many of you, I've arrived at a place where I feel a renewed sense of inspiration that I haven't had in quite some time.

I'll give you a little background....I became engaged in March to the absolute love of my life. I met him when I was in my late 20's and we are now in our early 30's. We are literally the last of our friends to get married and feel like it was definitely worth the wait. We are in the process of planning our wedding and buying a house, and in the past few months I've been somewhat stressed by all of the life changes that I've experienced in the three years since we met. I've packed alot of "life" into a short time, and for awhile there, it was really taking its toll.

Through all of this, my fiance has been so supportive and understanding. I've felt like I've been floundering in the past ten months or so, and I finally feel like I'm coming out of whatever stressed-induced fog I've been in. This "fog" really started when I experienced the death of my grandmother at the start of the year, and compounded with everything else, it got to be very stressful.

Reading Lynn's posts about her own experience with her grandmother, and how she has been dealing with her passing, have been very helpful. I've been taking my time to do what *I* need to do, rather than feeling obligated to do what other people think I should do. I'm feeling inspired to get back on the horse and attack life again like I did before.

I have site in development right now, and I haven't been this excited in such a long time. I'm still under the same stresses, but my inspiration is helping me deal with things in a new way.

So, even though many of you have never heard of me and have never communicated with me directly, your posts about business and everything else have contributed to my feeling inspired to attack this business idea and make it successful. And Lynn, you have played a big role in this as well between your forum and the blog....thanks so much!

Thanks again everyone! I plan to visit and participate more often now and I can't wait to get to know some of you better!

Thanks for listening,

Jen
midwestmedia
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:19 pm

Hi Jen,

I copied your post to the "Quest for Success!" category - I hope you dont mind. I just thought it was very suiting ;)

I can truly relate to what you said above, and can honestly say I've been feeling much of the same. I've been at a loss for words most days this last month or so... but I'm really glad that what I did put out there was received by someone in such a positive way. I appreciate you taking the time to say so :)

I'm not sure if you feel this way too - but for me, it was very hard to deal with the fact that "life went on" and things moved so quickly after losing my Grandmother. Not only was this the first time I experienced the loss of someone I was close with... but she was the one person that I looked up to the most in my life. Even little expectations (dinner, laundry, etc) seemed like significant tasks to me for several weeks - and I found it very difficult to focus on my work (for the first time in my life).

All that just to say that I can really relate to the things that you wrote, and I have to admit - it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has been through this (as much as I wouldnt wish it on anyone).

Inspiration is an awesome little thing! There are a lot of things that a person can do to inspire themselves - reading, motivational tapes, attending seminars, speaking with someone that inspires them, etc... but there's really no comparison to the type of inspiration that strikes you. It's almost as if life takes a turn, or an invisible fog is lifted - - and for some, the realization that a higher power is at work.

Feel free to tell us more about your site, if you like. And of course take advantage of the resources here and post any questions that come up along the way! ;)

Wishing you all the best...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi,

I am glad all of us have helped in some way......what keeps me coming back here is to help people...I have an autistic son and I am a stay-at-home-dad so I have plenty of motivation and spirit on a daily basis but there was a day when this can be difficult and I am glad this forum contributes to helping people.....good luck!

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement