[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - To be king! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

To be king!

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

To be king!

Postby jkikerx78 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:13 am

Ok boys and girls, let's be honest. Much like building a house, to become a master affiliate...you have to build a solid foundation. Alot of us some times want to start at the end, thinking only of the money and not of the steps to get there. This is unfortunate, because we miss our chance at the greater profit...because we didn't blaze the trail to it. Before the money, you've got to get the traffic...let the world know that your out there and ready to be accepted into their homes and into their lives.

So my goal, on the way to being a master affiliate, is to be the king of internet traffic (post title makes more sense now huh lol). Sounds a little over dramatic, but all I'm saying is that I want to become efficiant at driving traffic to any site I create...the money will come in time. As I am researching and doing my thing of trial and error...I'll keep everyone posted on what's working and would welcome any posts that you guys want to offer. This is by far the best internet forum I've seen and there's nothing we can't do...as long as we do it together.

(man...I sure can ramble :D )

Dylon
jkikerx78

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

thanks lynn

Postby jkikerx78 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:46 pm

jkikerx78

Know thy enemy

Postby jkikerx78 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:34 am

After choosing a niche to service...it's a smaller one, but the people are very dedicated to it...I made my first move. In the "affiliate war" you have to know your enemy...or enemies. Taking my cue from the affiliate masters program, I went to google and researched the top 5 sites in my category. Opening a text document, I went one by one and logged their names...pros/cons...affiliates or advertisements and anything else that caught my attention.

The top 3 were slap full of content...but mostly read like stereo instructions. The contect of course keeps them on the Search Engine's good side...but they could put you to sleep quick. Sites 4-5 were even worse...they had just enough content to say they were a content site, it was so obvious that they are set up to sell you on their products. That's ok of course...but they will turn away more potential customers because they are not creating that "open to buy" frame of mind...hence why they are lower on the food chain :lol:

After breaking down the sites, I've decided the only way to beat the top 3 was to play their game...but play it my way. The trick is to keep the content, add a little more if possible...then bring the fun. The one thing that they were all missing were example pages, pictures or gifs that would inspire the average fun-loving websurfer to be inspired to try out the products and read further. When it comes down to it...it's all about inspiration! If they are not feeling it...they ain't buying it! So what's the next step? It's time for the most critical move...the design phase! This should and will take time...but hey, I'm here for the long haul !

Stay tuned
jkikerx78

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:09 pm

It sounds like you're making great progress, and moving in the right direction!

The link to the Affiliate Masters Course, for anyone else reading along, is: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/a ... uccess.htm (free download)

Here are a few others that may interest you:

101 SuperTips:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/101supertips.exe
(thats a direct link to the download - exe format)

Make Your Content PREsell:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/e ... uilder.htm

There are also some on the site you might find helpful ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby womaninbiz » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:45 pm

womaninbiz

Downline

Postby jkikerx78 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:33 pm

jkikerx78

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:54 pm

Your approach is a good one, and I agree that you should be optimistic. It is a very well thought out plan, and you seem to have the bases covered as to how to start with content on blogger and using Adsense as a revenue source. I look forward to seeing you launch it!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby womaninbiz » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:54 pm

Dear Dylan,

Don't forget to stop back and share your new blog page with us once you set it up.

I'm eager to see how you jump start this new business. I also currently use bloggers system.

scharlene
womaninbiz

Postby jkikerx78 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:27 pm

jkikerx78

Postby jkikerx78 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Here is a little update on my site.

site address has changed to...
http://chromakeyhome.blogspot.com

I have added "adsense search" to my site. This is another revenue driving tool. If someone uses the google search engine on my site, I get payed for every site they click on.

I have already had a few visitors and made a few dollars, with out advertising. So far things are going well.

Dylon
jkikerx78

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:30 pm

You have a great start!

I would put a little more descriptive info in the header (where it says "ABC's of Chroma Key") and possibly at the top of your sidebar as well - things that are 'always on top' to help your first time visitor get an idea of what they can expect to find at your site or in your entries.

I might also move the Previous Posts section up under that, moving the links & google ad down a bit - to help make navigation easier to find and use.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement