[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Earning Passive Income with an Online Business • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Earning Passive Income with an Online Business

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Earning Passive Income with an Online Business

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:19 pm

I'd like to brainstorm Passive Income, as it relates to online business. Is this a term you are familiar with, and have already put to work in your own business model? If so I would love to hear your thoughts, experiences and results.

If not, does the thought of earning Passive Income appeal to you... or does the phrase leave you wondering if it has something to do with "get rich quick" or a "scam"?

And last, but not least, what questions do you have regarding Passive Income? If someone that you trusted could hand you all of the answers so that you could begin earning Passive Income right away... what would you ask them first?

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:30 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby netadventures » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:19 pm

netadventures

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:43 pm

So true ;)

I really loved . Aside from the incredible success stories, it really talked about what it takes to make it happen... but also motivated you to WANT to invest in yourself at the same time.

My goal is to write a Guide that both dispels the myths AND gives the reader the tools to start making it happen. I want to motivate, encourage, and also enable.

I really appreciate your input... any other tips, suggestions or comments are welcomed! It's interesting to hear about other's experiences, how it's perceived, etc. Thanks ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby random » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 pm

I have read a good definition here:

http://www.isitebuild.com/passive-income.htm

I have established a goal for an increase in my passive income and January was good and February is starting to resemble last month and growing. Since I don't have a "job" so to speak, passive and continual income online is very important to me. I think, for many people, it can be translated into a few hundred, a few thousand to probably over 1 Million dollars a year for marketers who have great programs and successful affiliate set ups. I know of some affiliate programs generating in excess of 1 Million dollars per month for some people. But they are in industries I have no interest in whatsoever.

You all know eBay has produced many millionaires in this profit range. Adsense can generate a very large income if you have the traffic. Many sites boast 1M-10M visits per month so you can imagine what kind of income 1M visitors, with a 10-17% CTR could do for your Adsense bottom line.

On the front page of Google's Adsense it says:

Premium AdSense service available if your site receives 5 million+ search queries or 20 million+ content page views a month.

So you can imagine how much money the above would mean to site owners looking for a passive income via Adsense. I'd say it would be more than enough to retire very quickly and leave a lot of money for the children and grandchildren to burn. (:-

Mario
random

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:18 pm

Thank you very much for the link to the article, Mario :D

I agree that Google Adsense has A LOT of potential, and can be a very nice source of passive income!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby random » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:25 pm

random

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:29 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:03 am

Aside from Google Adsense, does anyone else want to throw some suggestions for earning Passive Income on the table for discussion?

Or... questions, perhaps?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby David Bridger » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:50 pm

This is why I decided to move online - to build a series of mechanisms that will provide me with passive income.

I always tried to leave linear earnings behind in my offline business activities, although it's not easy to do. Quite often, running your own business is equally as linear as working for someone else. What it comes down to is this: if your earnings are directly linked to the number of hours you work, and/or the amount of product or service you provide, then what you're doing is a job - whether you're employed or self-employed. And this is particularly difficult to get away from in any service industry.

I've used various methods of introducing a passive element to my earnings, depending upon what business I've been involved in.

Writing is a typical service industry where there are only so many hours in the day, and only so many words you can extract from those hours before your brain fries. The obvious route to passive earnings for a writer is to accept royalties rather than a flat rate or, more sensibly, to accept part of the fee in royalties. The problem is that in doing this you're also accepting part of the risk - if the thing don't sell you don't earn. So business acumen is an important part of this deal. I've only accepted royalties on ghost projects for Names, projects that I was certain would be successful in the tills as well as in the libraries. This situation also exists quite happily in online writing.

A more straightforward method for generating passive income is to increase the value of a business as an exit strategy, by developing the profitability of every single aspect of the business to the n-th degree. Although buying and reselling firms is a demanding occupation, when it goes well the returns can be impressive. But that kind of operation doesn't really translate to the Internet, at least not in any way that interests me.

Real estate is where I draw my inspiration. Hosting is one option - too competitive an area to suit me as a stand-alone solution, but blended with advertising and other operations it makes sense. The means of "renting out" virtual real estate that I'm most interested in, though, is business-community-building by way of membership sites offering a combination of unique products and superb service. That's where I'm concentrating my efforts to activate my passive income.

David
David Bridger

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:27 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby giftsolution » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:05 pm

giftsolution
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:45 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby giftsolution » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:51 pm

giftsolution
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:49 am

Last edited by Lynn Terry on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement