This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Keep Your Eye On The Prize....

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Keep Your Eye On The Prize....

Postby retlawbiz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:10 am

Hey Guys,

My name is Asha Walter and i am new to this forum. I appreciate this medium to express my thoughts and ideas and look forward to your comments.

So my topic is, Keeping Your Eye On The Prize.

As a new IMer on the scene i have been reading an abundence of articles, blogs and emails on all manner of topics. But the one thing i have found most common is failing to, or not failing to achieve your goals or desired out come.

Now one notable source that i have been listening to is an IM guru named Alex Jeffreys. From him i have learnt the extreme importance of being organised and also the need for a plan.

So taking his advice i sat down and planned out my year ahead. Breaking it down into a 6mth period and then into a 90 day period and then into weeks and days, etc. Anyway the point i am trying to make is that now i have this plan set out in front of me and i can clearly see what it is that i need to do and by when to achieve my goals to success. Another useful idea i use is to also post these goals on my blog making me accountable to my readers by posting updates as to how i have gone each month with reaching my set goals.

So what are some of my goals, well they are all listed on my blog, but i will give you some of my goals that i have planned for 2009.

1 Save $4000 for the year
2 Take a well deserved vacation O/S
3 Pay off my debts $20,000
4 Quit my day job
5 My Income Target: $50,000 for the year

So i hope my ideas to help you keep your eye on the prize have been helpful and look forward to hearing wat you have to say also, until then.

Thank you and good luck.

Asha Walter
www.cents-to-dollars.com
Last edited by retlawbiz on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retlawbiz

Postby Baggs » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 am

Asha

Welcome. Planning is very important. Now to the doing bit, also very important.

You do not post a link to your blog, would you share this?
Baggs

Postby lisamariemary » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:48 pm

I need to do something like this, as far as planning things out - that is really great that you've worked it all out like that. Those are some amazing goals - wow!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I'm excited to watch your videos!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:38 pm

I especially like that part where you included taking a vacation! I think we all tend to forget about taking down time every now and then. I know I'm guilty of that personally, then I get burnt out.

Welcome to community and good luck with your goals.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Asha,
Great goals! I need to sit down and plan out the rest of my 2009 as well. I have things planned for the week but nothing further.

The vacation is booked for Jamaica so I'm good there LOL

Keep us updated on your goals!
angienewton
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement