This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

internet marketing question

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

internet marketing question

Postby dltart » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:43 am

Greetings to all,

I hope I have posted in the right category because I don't want to offend any one.

How do you become an internet marketer with no product, no website, and no list? And what if you have no capital to work with.

How would you get started? What would you do? They say that you need money to make money, but I believe that rule is NOT 100% true. I'm very sure that there are those who have started with literally nothing.

So the big question is how to get started and what to do. Remember no website, no list, no product, and no money.

Thank you for your input.
dltart

Postby mellymom3 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:09 am

What niche were you interested in and what area of internet marketing?
You can always start off with BUM marketing and be an affiliate marketer. Just write articles, learn to create hub pages, and Squidoo lenses, and create a blog.
All of these are free and just take research, time and effort.
There are many places you can download free resources to help you learn what you need and get started.
I started for free. You can even build a website for free just to get started.

Not sure if this was the type of info you were looking for.
mellymom3

Re: internet marketing question

Postby nar321 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:28 pm

You seem to have several websites, even if they are "free" .Also you or a friend has internet access as otherwise this post would have never happened. Remember there is no" free lunch"

Granted the start-up costs for Online Marketing can be very low(Certainly when compared to a bricks and mortar business)but you have to sell a need or want of consumers and not what you hope they want. The only way "no capital" works is if you can convince somebody that your plan is viable and get them to fund it

dltart wrote:Greetings to all,

I hope I have posted in the right category because I don't want to offend any one.

How do you become an internet marketer with no product, no website, and no list? And what if you have no capital to work with.

How would you get started? What would you do? They say that you need money to make money, but I believe that rule is NOT 100% true. I'm very sure that there are those who have started with literally nothing.

So the big question is how to get started and what to do. Remember no website, no list, no product, and no money.

Thank you for your input.
nar321
Elite Member

Re: internet marketing question

Postby captkirk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:32 pm

dltart wrote:How do you become an internet marketer with no product, no website, and no list? And what if you have no capital to work with.

Simple. You join as an affiliate of programs that pay up to 95% commission.

dltart wrote:How would you get started? What would you do? They say that you need money to make money, but I believe that rule is NOT 100% true. I'm very sure that there are those who have started with literally nothing.

You can join Clickbank (Over 10,000+ products) affiliate program which is 100% FREE.

Next, you will do a search on Google, MSN, Yahoo. and etc for FREE advertising.

Then, you will advertise, Advertise, and advertise some more...

As I said, Simple! :D
captkirk

Postby dagmar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 pm

Affiliate programs are, definitely, the name of the game when someone is starting out.

It's also very important to learn the basics. There are tons of free tutorials out there to learn the basics; i.e., on my signature there's a link to obtain 3 free videos. This is just an example to show you how much you can learn for free, just investing a little bit of time searching :)

Dagmar
dagmar

Postby AlexNewell » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 pm

That's called "Bum Marketing" and it uses free sites such as blogger.com and squidoo.com to put content on - which means interesting news, views, reviews and then you pop an affiliate link in there and you start your sales. You can put a link to these pages or sites in your forum signature file and get a little exposure every time you post in a forum.

Lots of free info on this forum and Lynn's blog clicknewz.com and she usually holds a free webinar every week 12 noon EST

The "Father" of Bum marketing is a very clever guy called Travis Sago - Google him
And for advice on Squidoo google Jennifer Ledbetter aka "the PotPieGirl" - don't ask about the name she is very bright and knows what shes' doing.

Lots to do and it's all free. Once you have started to earn and you will if you put enough effort in get Jennifer's "One Week Marketing"

All The Best

Alex
Last edited by AlexNewell on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexNewell
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Alex,
I just recently got on Jennifer's list but haven't had a chance to read through her stuff yet. I hear it's really good. I'll also be on the lookout for Travis Sago. Thanks
angienewton
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement