[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Taking a step back and viewing the, er, view! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Taking a step back and viewing the, er, view!

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Taking a step back and viewing the, er, view!

Postby The Great Gordino » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:05 am

The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:13 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Mann » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:27 pm

James Mann

Postby The Great Gordino » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:10 am

The Great Gordino

Postby James Mann » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:19 am

James Mann

Postby karadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:17 pm

I think taking a step back is an awsome idea. Although at this point in time for me it probably wouldn't be best since I'm just getting started ;) No break time for me yet!

I was pondering this last night...where the most important aspects of my $1,000/month by September goal was. What I found was that it all comes down to affiliate programs, selling banner ad space, and gaining subscriber (that in turn raises the price of ezine ads). Sooooo wrap all those up and what have you got? Visitors, plain and simple. But what type of visitors? Those in business, those looking for business, or those comming to shop? I think the balance needs to be in between moms in business and moms comming to shop. The competition for those looking for a business is just too much for me right now, and I hate the thought of stepping on toes. Sooo, if either of my target groups choose to click on my WAH resources, awsome. Added bonus :)

So my main focus here is helping those in business by not only offering them services they can use, but also bringing them customers. I've got a good momentem going with increasing my subscribers, so not sure if that is an area I need to worry about. I think I'm more worried about the affiliate aspect and should be going in that direction.

Ok, I'm rambling, thinking out loud I suppose. Still many things I need to think about so it's good the challange doesn't start for several weeks!
karadawn

Postby WAHumor » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:04 pm

I STILL say...

If Lynn used the Challenge to write, produce and test-market the story of her previous 21-day Challenge and its subsequent impact on her business and her life (as she sees fit!), it would be the greatest!!!

Besides, I want a copy...

However, getting those nasty cigarettes out of her life so she's around for a loooong time for her kids and all of us, that'd really be even better.

Then she'd have more energy (is that REALLY possible??) to write that book!

We love ya, y'know, Lynny!

I darn sure know I do...
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Cate » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:04 pm

This may sound crazy, but at this point, the only goal I have is to...

...go through a single day without hearing someone whine or cry.

That would be nice.

A 21-day challenge for my husband. Oops, just kidding. I meant my kids.

:shock: :shock: Cate
Cate

Postby James Mann » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:30 pm

Cate, husbands don't whine and cry. My wife says that to and I just don't
understand. :cry:

The best way to handle a whining husband is to give in to all his demands. :lol:
James Mann

Postby Cate » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:38 pm

Ummm....

Jim, you are a really nice guy. :D

But in this case you are sadly mistaken. :P

Just kidding.

Cate "your wife is always right" Brizzell, copying Mike Merz
Cate

Postby James Mann » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:41 pm

Cate, that is what my wife says also.

20 years and she still won't give in, what will power. :D
James Mann

Postby karadawn » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:15 pm

:lol: Hmmmmmm Cate I'm with you on the day of no whining or crying. AHHHHHH I need a vacation! Just one day.....that's all I'm asking for....please???? :?
karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:17 am

Cate, Kara --- I can totally relate :!:

I have just moved in less than two months ago with my 91yo Grandmother (turning 91 in couple of weeks) to provide full-time live-in care. Being a single mother already, 'caretaker' has been one of my major roles for the last few years. My husband was a huge help in this department when I was married, as he stayed home with the kids when I went back to work after my youngest was born... and then provided most of the "entertainment" while I started and managed my first two businesses. *This* is a completely different lifestyle for me (the last 3 1/2 years)!

I have to say, though, that I am loving it :D
My Grandmother is a joy to be with , even in the progressive stages of Alzheimer’s disease, and my children - at 6 & 11 years old - are at an age where they are fun, cute and impressionable. My son (the 11yo) helps me bring in groceries, opens the door for me, and is fairly independent for his age... my daughter is a bouncing, bubbly go-go-go kinda girl and while keeping tabs on her is not easy, she has a very good disposition and makes me smile a lot. For me, having never really been "close" to my family before (the way I would want to be, or had envisioned) - this phase seems to be a major highlight in my life.

However... I have my days -- you know, when I'm pulling my hair out :shock: This past week my daughter made some new friends... all over the neighborhood, and every time I turned around she had disappeared on me again LOL - I kept having to hunt her down from yard to yard :roll: At the same time, my Grandmother decided we had all gone on vacation somewhere, and she couldnt figure out why we left home to come to a place just like it - and when in the world could we go home :?: She kept saying "I'm too old to be this far away from home"

Ahhhh *take a deep breath* The day doesnt hold enough hours to entertain everyone, take care of everyone's needs, and work the hours it takes to be the primary source of income for a family of four...

Anyway - just wanted to say that I can relate to this thread :D But... I bet that we all look back later in life and think of this as the prime of our life.

The more difficult the challenge, the more sweet the rewards... right? :D
(keeps me going!)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:52 pm

karadawn

Postby WAHumor » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:17 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement