[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Time Discipline • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Time Discipline

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Time Discipline

Postby footballphil » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:12 am

A lot of successful people manage their time really well. I read an article somewhere about this, I'll try to find it.

At any rate, if you don't manage your time well (i.e. look at fantasy football Web sites or call people on the phone) you won't get much accomplished. Conversely, you'll get more done faster if you write down what you want to do and focus entirely on the job.

Quick edit: here is the article I was referring to: http://prosalesguide.com/salestime.php

It has more to do with sales but you get the picture
footballphil

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:00 pm

There is a free time management tool that enables you to track what you do, when and with what.

It's called Manic Time. It's pretty cool. :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby alexc » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:44 pm

alexc

Postby karynsolo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:26 pm

karynsolo

Postby deannatroupe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:38 pm

I manage big projects by breaking them up into mini projects.
deannatroupe

Postby Baggs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 pm

Focus is so important when you are working on the web because it is so easy to go and post on forums etc ....
Baggs

Postby queenofkaos » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Working in time blocks so that focus is easier works well for me, but I am starting more and more to see the importance of working on the right things.

That's one of the problems of losing focus, it's really that we stop working on the right things or break our consistency in doing them by going off and doing what ever suits us, which usually doesn't seem to end up being in the plan (if we even have one).

If we multi tasked all the time doing the really important things and things that we planned to do, it probably wouldn't be so bad if that's our style.

It isn't mine though, I can't hold 3 thoughts in my head at one time, probably from too many years of tracking 3 kids a (or more) at one time :0)

Me efficiency and quality definitely goes down if I try to more than one thing, although that doesn't seem to stop my natural inclination to do it!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby dagmar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:29 pm

What works for me is writing a list of things I want to accomplish on a given day. It feels very good when you see that everything was accomplished.

Of course some days are better than others and some lists are shorter, depending on the circumstances. Just by seeing things in writing, I tend to forget less and organize myself better.

Dagmar
dagmar

Postby holidaymaine » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:54 am

holidaymaine

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:16 am

skyjoe76

Postby angienewton » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:58 am

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tjensen13 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 am

tjensen13

end up cramming

Postby mlm prelaunch » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 am

One just have to have the right attitude and time management will stick to its purpose. I mean, no matter how good your work schedule is, if you failed to put the right attitude to it, it will still be futile. I am like this sometimes. I plan my schedule and sometimes failed to adhere to it because of the laxity in my implementation :roll: thus I end up cramming...
mlm prelaunch

Time management skills

Postby hasochev » Mon May 18, 2009 8:59 am

If I can state my mind about time management,
I found this to be critical to business almost like marketing skills.
while marketing skills is ace for business (because it brings clients & prospects to you) time management can have a stronger impact on your success or failure.

time management is more basic and holds a lot of content for success.
because you can never pull off your business from the floor if you're time skills are not disciplined.

And btw - I say this because I learned this the hard way :)

Check out my view on time management skills here:
http://network-marketing-companies.com/ ... nt-skills/
hasochev

Postby lisamariemary » Mon May 18, 2009 10:28 am

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement