[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - TAGR Study Group - Chapter 3 - Faith • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

TAGR Study Group - Chapter 3 - Faith

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

TAGR Study Group - Chapter 3 - Faith

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:32 am

I've been finding faith to be a driving force behind my efforts since beginning this book and it really has made a difference in some of the choices I have been making - I've been able to step out of my comfort zone into areas that I previously would not have believed possible.

For me, this has been a tangible measurement of the power of faith.

I've used italics for my comments.

Some people believe they are doomed to poverty and failure because of some strange force over which they believe they have no control. This belief is picked up by the subconscious mind and translated into the physical.

The key in maintaining a positive attitude about it all is the realization that crap happens to everyone in one form or another on a consistent basis, it's what we do with the crap and whether or not we let it defeat us, or whether we carry on and rise above it that will make the difference.

Belief and attitude plays a large role in how we deal and overcome it, whether we ever do or whether we just roll over and let it beat us.

I do believe that some people are born into advantage, but those same people often squander it while those born with challenges excel.

We must stop taking things personally and see our cup as half full.

Concentrate on what we have – and what we want... never taking our eyes from the prize - while being thankful to God or the Infinite Intelligence for every small blessing.

Your belief or faith is the element which determines the action of your subconscious mind.

As well as your conscious mind.

If it can be true that one can become a criminal by association with crime (a known fact) it's equally true that one may develop faith by voluntarily suggesting to the subconscious mind that one has faith.

For me this is an indication of the power of immersion: the mind comes finally to take on the nature of the influences which dominate it.

This is why it is essential for you to encourage the positive emotions as dominating forces of your mind and discourage – and eliminate - negative emotions.

A mind dominated by positive emotions becomes a favourable abode for the state of mind known as faith. A mind so dominated may at will give the subconscious instructions which acted upon and follow immediately.

Those who go down in defeat and end their lives in poverty, misery and distress do so because of negative application of the principal of auto suggestion.

The cause may be found in the fact that ALL IMPULSES OF THOUGHT HAVE A TENDENCY TO CLOTHE THEMSELVES IN THEIR PHYSICAL EQUIVELANT. (be they negative or destructive)

*The subconscious mind will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage or faith.

If you fill your mind with fear, doubt and unbelief in your ability to connect with and use the forces of Infinite Intelligence, the law of auto suggestion will take this spirit of unbelief and use it as a pattern by which your subconscious will translate it into it's physical equivalent.

To go a step farther in understanding this concept, I highly recommend 'The Power of Intention' by Wayne Dyer. He goes into great detail about the whole concept of tapping into source to create in the physical. This book is so good that I had originally borrowed it from the library and liked it so much I bought my own copy.

Somewhere in your make up, perhaps in the cells of your brain, lies SLEEPING, the seed of achievement which, if aroused and put into action, would carry you to heights, such as you may never have hoped to attain.

Abraham Lincoln was a failure at everything he tried until he was well past the age of 40.

Somehow at 44, I find that inspiring :0)

Love is closely akin to the state of mind known as faith.

I don't believe that love needs to mean the love for of another human being, I think that it can mean having a loving heart and being in a state of love and gratitude in general. This state puts you in touch with the 'Infinite Intelligence' – Wayne Dyer also covers this in his book 'The Power of Intention'.

There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.

Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.

FAITH IS A STATE OF MIND THAT MAY BE INDUCED BY SELF SUGGESTION

Faith is the external elixir which gives life, power and action to the impulse of thought.

Faith is the strarting point of all accumulation of riches.

Faith is the only known antidote for failure.

It's a well known fact that one comes finally to believe whatever one repeats to ones self, whether the statement be true or false.

Every man is what he is because of the dominating thoughts which he permits to occupy his mind.

This works 2 ways. Your dominating thoughts are bound to influence your actions (my use of bound struck me as an interesting choice in words here – I had originally meant it to say 'of course' will influence your actions', but it also can mean that your thoughts are 'attached to' influence of your actions.

I typed out the Self Confidence Formula, made the font bigger and printed it out. I am going to put it in a frame on the work table beside me where my mouse is so that I see it throughout the day and study it more often.

Self Confidence Formula

1 – I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore I DEMAND of myself persistant, continuous action towards it's attainment and I here and now promise to render such action.

2 – I realize that the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action and gradually transform themselves into physical reality. Therefore I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 minutes daily upon thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.

3 - I know through the principal or auto suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it, therefore I will devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of self confidence.

4 – I have clearly written down a description of my Chief Aim in Life and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self confidence for its attainment.

5 – I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice, therefore I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects.

I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people.

I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others.

I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness and cynisism by developing love for all humanity, because I KNOW that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success.

I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in others and myself.

I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory and repeat it aloud once per day, with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHT and ACTIONS so that I will become a self reliant and successful person.

Your Name Here

The subconscious mind will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage or faith.

I find that in my own life, even if I have a legitimate beef or fear, refusal to spend my time in that space automatically creates a different reality for me - not that the situation necessarily changes although sometimes it does because of my positive attitude by not enlarging on the negative and adding to it - but primarily because our thoughts are our reality and I immediately feel better.

I find it gets easier with time and also comes from a space deeper within myself - so my ability to adjust my attitude and self talk contributes to a larger feeling of legitimacy in my experience at any given moment as with practice.

ACTIONS FOR CHAPTER 3

- Be aware of your thoughts - catch yourself reducing yourself from fear or taking the easy way.

- When you catch yourself, simply say to yourself - it will be alright - or what ever phrase appears to calm yourself, one almost certainly will if you relax and listen for it. And then think about your actions from a place of faith, gratefulness, acceptance and love.

- step out of your comfort zone by looking at things you've always wanted to do but dismissed them as things you could never do. Start small. Don't assume the worst, try for the best and accept what happens, learning from it and using it to increase your chances of success next time - or to take a bigger step if that is your path.

PREVIOUS CHAPTER NOTES CAN BE FOUND HERE

Forward and Preface...
[url]
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=24061[/url]

Chapter One - Introduction
[url]
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=24259[/url]

Chapter Two - Desire

Post your thoughts and experiences so far.

Has TAGR changed anything in your mindset?

Do you feel more empowered to work towards your BURNING DESIRE?

Have you taken any steps to achieve your goal that you may not have taken otherwise? Do you feel BOLD?

Don't waste any time this week. Get working on those steps!
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement